half life 2 (no spoilers!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggjoee5790

In Runtime
i just wanted to express my feelings about this game. im currently about to start the chapter "follow freeman". im not so far yet but i wanted to say how much i love this game. ive honestly never played a game like it before. the graphics are absolutley amazing, the gameplay is rediculously fun, and for some reason... it just seems like every single aspect of the game make sense. the physics are amazing, everything reacts so realisticly. if you shoot something, its so believable. i just wanna hear some more opinions on the game. PLEASE!!! do not post spoilers!

I think almost everyone here knows that this is one of the greatest FPS out there. It's a classic and if you don't already got it, go out and buy/download it now!

Can't wait to play it agian with my new build (so far I am around half way with it) and without useing a friend's POS system. geForce4 MX doesn't play it well at all, some crap disappears at a distance and only when you walk up to it it appears out of no where, sometimes it's as bad as trying to drive vehicles and all the sudden a bunch of crap just morphs out of thin air and you run into it.

I remeber when he didn't update his drivers since he got it (eMachine... yuk) and it got around 5 fps in the beginning.

I remember when I first played around with the physics and throwing TVs out of windows, it was incredible.

This game has great interactions with the sh*t on the ground like paint buckets :). I love throwing those at the soldiers. Its great the way they just crumple when you kill them.

Ya the physics were pretty good in that game, a few things didnt make sense though but overall it has the best physics ever. Heres where i felt the physics were flawed:

1. I shot a can and it got stuck in some sort of vortex spinning around in the air.

2. You can pull large barrels of air underwater, the boutancy of the barrels would be far too great for a human to carry underwater.

Other then that the games physics are amazing. I wish you could fly...

Beefcake said:

Can't wait to play it agian with my new build (so far I am around half way with it) and without useing a friend's POS system.

My current system could play it on it's lowest settings, so whenever I get my new PC built (which might be a while now :() it's going to be the first game I play. I can't wait to experience it again on the highest settings.

Great game, great graphics. I played HL2 before Half life and i gotta say they are about the same in quality. Both are fun and creative.

i love the story line :) makes the game so interesting that you wanna keep going even wen u finished it :p

HL2 is the best game ever made in my opinion. The whole game kept me glued to the screen and messing about with the physics kept me amused for hours. I like trying to build ramps and the such and see how far I can jump the car/boat. Have you found any "secrets" yet? I won't give anything away but there is a vortigunt hidden away somewhere in the game that explains alot more of the story but he is difficult to find. Just explore, I'm sure that's what Valve wanted us to do. I can't wait for HL2:Aftermath, anybody else?

Beefcake said:
I think almost everyone here knows that this is one of the greatest FPS out there. It's a classic and if you don't already got it, go out and buy/download it now!

Can't wait to play it agian with my new build (so far I am around half way with it) and without useing a friend's POS system. geForce4 MX doesn't play it well at all, some crap disappears at a distance and only when you walk up to it it appears out of no where, sometimes it's as bad as trying to drive vehicles and all the sudden a bunch of crap just morphs out of thin air and you run into it.

I remeber when he didn't update his drivers since he got it (eMachine... yuk) and it got around 5 fps in the beginning.

I remember when I first played around with the physics and throwing TVs out of windows, it was incredible.

Omg... i think i'm going to start playing this game this weekend, right now, i think i'm going to play B&W 2 :cool: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom