Half-Life 2 Lost Coast tommorow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
yeah those 'idiots' only exposed the fact that Valve was LYING to it's fans and all

DoD says it's released, lost coast still says "coming soon" which is LAAAAAAAAAAME since I had heard it was to be released with DoD....fuggin valve, craps not even going to be amazing once they actually release it

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today cattle baron?

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today cattle baron
that makes 2 threads in which you're being completely ignorant....quit going out of your way to try and say things which have nothing to do with what I've said..jesus

38882f0f.jpg

Well now, there is at least some motion as to its release...mind you DOD was listed as "coming soon" for almost a year so god knows what the hell valve considers that phrase

Nubius said:
yeah those 'idiots' only exposed the fact that Valve was LYING to it's fans and all
What exactly do you think they lied about?

Nubius said:
DoD says it's released, lost coast still says "coming soon" which is LAAAAAAAAAAME since I had heard it was to be released with DoD....fuggin valve, craps not even going to be amazing once they actually release it
Since you can do so much better, I suggest you go do so. We await your glorious results. :beard:

gaara said:
Well now, there is at least some motion as to its release...mind you DOD was listed as "coming soon" for almost a year so god knows what the hell valve considers that phrase
This happened because people kept bytching about when certain games (DoD in particular) were going to convert to Source. Once the DoD team decided to make the move and start work, that notice was put up.

Is it just me, or is there a big misconception going around that converting pre-Source mods to Source is a click-button operation?

What exactly do you think they lied about?
ok...the fact that they showed a clip of the enemies movements, said it wasn't scripted and low and behold it was.

Since you can do so much better, I suggest you go do so. We await your glorious results.
That's the dumbest comment ever, especially coming from you...need I remind you of the showing of the Far cry engine "Meh, I wasnt that impressed by the building crashes or the particle" so if you're going to post some assanine comment like that, then I'll toss it right back at you. Go ahead and build a better engine, I wait your GLORIOUS results.

Nubius said:
ok...the fact that they showed a clip of the enemies movements, said it wasn't scripted and low and behold it was.
What was scripted was the situation. The combine soldiers were placed in the positions to flush out the scene as the developers wanted it to play out, but individually the takes were void of map-side scripting.

Though you don't really get too many opportunities, you can see the same sorts of behavior in the game as in the dozen-or-so video clips they released. If you put stuff in front of a doorway, they will crash through it. If you go into a room, they will search you out (shooting through windows and finding alternate routes).

The one demo video clip of the striders skewering people was the only clip that was virtually all scripted, simply because it was a "show-off" clip for a laugh at the press release. In the game, pretty much the only things scripted are the dialog cut scenes

Nubius said:
That's the dumbest comment ever, especially coming from you...
Hey, yer the one who seems to think it's stupid for Valve to be taking so long. If you think you can do it faster, go ahead.

I'm sure Valve is working as fast as they can.

Couple things.... First Lost Coast is releasing when ATI's new card comes out, it's a deal that Valve and ATI made.

Second, the strider skewering people wasn't scripted... .it does that in game too no matter where the NPC's are. It's not that complicated to code it anyway.... when an NPC's gets close... stab it with it's leg and make it go through.... when that happens shake the mo fo off. Jus tthink about it.

EDIT: By the way, Something Sexy, do you work for Geek Squad? If you do can you tell me if they make you work out on the Best Buy floor first too show how well you do? I was just hired and was told that... but I hate sales but can do a good job if I want, just don't want to be out on it too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom