Half-Life 2: Aftermath trailer now online

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoomUK said:
That's pretty much where Unreal Engine 3.0 comes in.

That's a super-duper server allright, but it hasn't got a powerfull graphics processor, thus it's not a gaming and/or CAD system. Still wouldn't mind having one though :)

Heck the CPUs can handle the graphics by themselves, along with that 1TB of RAM. :)

I'll believe it when I see it, but thanks for the link anyway
agreed.....just like way the hell back in march a rep from valve came to talk about lost coast along with some footage of it at the time that hadn't been seen and he's all "Yeah expect it to be out for free for HL2 owners in a few weeks"

Here it is 4 fuggin months later...what the hell is 'a few weeks' in those bastards minds? 52 weeks...oh yeah that's only a few

Frankly, I don't care how big the level is any more. I just want to see HDR in HL2 and be done with it.

DoomUK said:
What's her name from Perfect Dark? Jill/Clair et all from Resident Evil? Crash from Q3A?... Uh, Cammy from Street Fighter?... C'mon, there's plently of feline's that kick ass in gaming history.
Those are female characters in the story/game. I can think of only Tomb-Raider where the main first-person character was a woman.

If it's multiplayer, there's lots of games where you can pick a female character to play as, but that's different. I can see where she's at with this. If a game is made to follow one single person (like in Doom3 or HL/HL2) the person is always male. That's why she was excited when she heard the HL2 extension single-player might be from Alex's point of view.

Those are female characters in the story/game. I can think of only Tomb-Raider where the main first-person character was a woman.
No they aren't...the person in perfect dark and resident evil are the MAIN characters that "Is made to follow a single person"...not just some chicks you can randomly choose like street fighter or mortal combat.

I've been looking for this for a while, and although both it and lost coast have been delayed, I consider that a good thing. The original HL2 was delayed by years and when it finally came out, damn was it worth the wait. Valve may be procrastination whores, but they don't sit on their hands on the whole time

I want Opposing force 2 more than anything to be honest though

Well I have beaten HL2 1000 times, watching every pain-staking detail, now I can't wait to see how the next chapter goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom