Half-Life 2: Aftermath trailer now online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, my GF was pretty excited when she first heard that the new game might be played from Alex's point of view. She was excited that there was finally going to be a game with a girl as the lead character, rather than always guys. (She doesn't count Tomb Raider...neither do I.)

Something said:
Whilst Far Cry only implemented HDR via Shader Model 3.0, hence only working on Nvidia's latest-generation cards, Lost Coast will implement it via Shader Model 2.0, allowing for it to work on ATI's current generation."

Stand corrected. Thus, 6800 GT/Ultra should cut through it.

ShoobieRat said:

As for Alex...I dunno...might be nice to be able to...look down while playing and......admire the scenery......whistle at the valley between the twin peaks that leads to the cave where.... :p

lol :D

ShoobieRat said:
Actually, my GF was pretty excited when she first heard that the new game might be played from Alex's point of view. She was excited that there was finally going to be a game with a girl as the lead character, rather than always guys. (She doesn't count Tomb Raider...neither do I.)

What's her name from Perfect Dark? Jill/Clair et all from Resident Evil? Crash from Q3A?... Uh, Cammy from Street Fighter?... C'mon, there's plently of feline's that kick ass in gaming history.

one thing I didn't like about HL2 is the inability to kill innocent people...you could do it in the original half life....YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT HERE...if you kill someone useful to your party then it has you start over or something, but MEH I WANT TO KILL THE INNOCENTS.

I'd rather play a game based from the combine point of view instead of alex's

Yeah, what DoomUK said...what do you mean 'finally' theres been quite a few...and why the hell would you decide to not count tomb raider? Oh...it's a lead female role who kicks ass in her adventures but that doesnt count...

What about Chun-Li!?

[sarcastic joke]If you ask me...theres too many women in these video games![/sarcastic joke]

On topic...the trailer sucks...you can't even tell if the graphics really look any better

Nubius said:
the trailer sucks...you can't even tell if the graphics really look any better

Honestly, I can't see what the massive fuss is about HDR is about anyway, especially in an engine that still uses, essentially, 'static' lighting & shadows. Sure it's pretty to look at at a glance, but honestly I'd rather see it implemented in the Doom 3 engine.

I want to see soldier of fortune 3 damnit! :drool: that'd be the sweetest game ever if it was revamped with todays engines assuming they put a decent story along with it and kept it up to soldier of fortune standards..

Hmmm, mix up the far cry, HL2, doom3 engines, make a new ghoul engine.........oh man I just messed in my pants

Something said:
Just combine Doom3's shadows with HL2/Farcry's water, then throw in the F.E.A.R AI and graphics and you just got a dream game.

That's pretty much where Unreal Engine 3.0 comes in.

Something said:

That's a super-duper server allright, but it hasn't got a powerfull graphics processor, thus it's not a gaming and/or CAD system. Still wouldn't mind having one though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom