HALF-LIFE 2 : Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I don't like the way that when you purchase games through steam you only get the electronic version, and no hard copy on a CD or DVD. I'd never buy through steam.

m3trj said:
Personally I don't like the way that when you purchase games through steam you only get the electronic version, and no hard copy on a CD or DVD. I'd never buy through steam.

Steam has a backup option in which you can burn onto a DVD or CD. It is basically really the same content as that on the DVD and CD. The content on the HL2 DVD or CD (damn Vivendi CHEAPENED out on regular retail version in North America) is not the complete game. You still need to log onto Steam...install additional content and validate files.

The only hassle about Steam is if you have 56k and download 4 gigs of data. You will wait for a day. I still remember some people buying HL2 when it was first released and Valve bandwidth was stressed. Some people had to wait days before completing their download.

no it is not fun. I refuse to install any sort of steam software because if I want to run the damn game, I have to do an OVERNIGHT download to update, unlock, and validate files. not only that, but often if I wanted to even run the games, I had to be online, and every single damn time I would go online with steam it would automaticly update the damn games. Steam sucks and anything like it sucks, Steam should be illegal- period.

Well in North America DSL is listed as a minimum requirement

I love steam, and it's idea should be incoproprated into all games

Except their should be a standard program, so only one launches and all game manafactuers need to use it

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
no it is not fun. I refuse to install any sort of steam software because if I want to run the damn game, I have to do an OVERNIGHT download to update, unlock, and validate files. not only that, but often if I wanted to even run the games, I had to be online, and every single damn time I would go online with steam it would automaticly update the damn games. Steam sucks and anything like it sucks, Steam should be illegal- period.

I take broadband for granted so much now I forget how it use to feel to leave my PC on overnight just to download a game demo or trailer. Even a 4 minute song took me 20 minutes. Heck, ESPN page took me 30 seconds to download. I had dialup before I went to Uni then I got to Uni which had insane bandwidth especially with resident networks...RezX rules...you could dl a song in 10 seconds or less. Came back home after first year and I was like I can't do this dialup anymore. I feel sorry for the people who can't get broadband may it be economics or area. I couldn't surf the net without it.

I have dial-up, and I just lost my hard drive. I no longer have access to the cable connection I used when I first got HL2.

Thank god I beat it, because I am never installing it again.

Vivendi got pissed at valve cuz normally the publisher distributes and sells the game. With STEAM, Valve can sell directly to the gamers and bypass Vivendi

FadingTheory said:
I have dial-up, and I just lost my hard drive. I no longer have access to the cable connection I used when I first got HL2.

Thank god I beat it, because I am never installing it again.

I'm with you Boxy, Steam is awful. I'm never installing a Steam game again until broadband comes into my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom