gw 2 ...its all lies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about 30 or 40 lvls? That isn't too many and would be a lot better. It wouldn't be so much that the game is pve based but it would be enough to attract people who are turned away by the small lvl 20 lvl cap. What is the point of making the game more pve with the open world if they aren't going to add other elements such as a higher lvl cap.

i believe they are going to have masked levels.
meaning there will be a cap but you can still level after the cap but you will not continue to gain life/mana/attributes.

would that be anything attractive to you.

say, you could be level 73 , but still have the same base life/mana/attributes of a level 20.

Then you're not 73. You're just lvl 20 with all the good skills n stuff.

they are planing on rasing the level cap from what i know something like 60, and for pvp they will once again have the straight to pvp characters you can use that are level 60 starting or something just like gw1. also if you have eye of the north you will get bonus content for gw2.

^^ But seeing as GW is very strict about balance, I guessing the content or items we will recieve from the Hall of Monuments in EotN will most likely be unique weapons or mini pet type stuff, which is still cool, but I'm not going to grind them out expecting a lot. I believe they said sometime in 2009 is the expected date, but not much more than that other than they will not be doing early open beta testing like GW1.

I can assure you, gw2 will be well worth the wait. If you liked gw but missed everything is wasn't, this is for you =)

Resource:
The Game Drone: Guild Wars - The Sequel

Advancement and Combat

Guild Wars 2 will significantly raise the level cap in comparison to the original game. ArenaNet is currently considering a level cap of over 100 or perhaps even no cap at all. The leveling curve will be thoroughly different from Guild Wars however, as the difference between a level 80 and level 100 player will be significantly smaller than the difference between a level 20 and level 40 player. Nothing is set in stone yet - and it is as of yet unknown how this new leveling system will affect PvP.
Further innovations in character advancement stem from a more traditional equipment system. The amount of weapon and armor upgrades (as well as other usable items) has increased dramatically in comparison to the original game - and players can now decide for themselves what kind of armor they want to wear. As such it is perfectly possible to have a mage carrying heavy armor, or a light armored warrior. Additionally - Guild Wars 2 will feature an extensive crafting system involving a revised version of the salvaging system introduced with Guild Wars: Nightfall.

Fortunately - players who have invested hundreds, if not thousands, of hours into their Guild Wars characters should not be afraid of it all being for naught. The upcoming Eye of the North expansion pack for Guild Wars will introduce a personal instance called the Hall of Monuments. This will track your character's progress in the game and set it's accomplishments into stone to be remembered permanently. As such - when you create a Guild Wars 2 character you can opt to bind it to one of your old Guild Wars characters - and receive various unique rewards (such as equipment and companions) depending on it's recorded achievements.

In terms of combat a lot has changed as well. Firstly the skills will be a lot more visual - it should be more apparent when an attack or skill hits an enemy, which should make combat an easier experience for newcomers. Of course the free movement also plays a part in combat, allowing you to dodge about much easier than before. Another alteration to the way in which combat will play out is the removal of a mouse-control scheme, which forces players to utilize their keyboard for movement.

ok but can you jump...

Edit: Ok, I thought the link was the same thing Demalii posted until I clicked it. I'm glad the article knows what is important and let us know that jumping will be implemented in gw2.

Ok, when you are bored and don't feel like doing anything or you are speaking with someone on ts or vent and can't concentrate on your game, what do you do? You jump the **** around. I once jumped around an auction hall in lotro for 20 minutes straight or something. Anyway, it was so long that someone sent me a tell telling to stop. I think that is ridiculous. What could you have against jumping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom