Guildwars vs WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
MMO players are gay

Actualy, not really they never get off their game's long enough to develop a preference :p

Great conversation. I was going to go WoW; but Guildwars sounds the way to go. And, as it should be, it's free.

Just fyi... NWN 2 will be out in 2006 and will blow both of them away.

I have been addicted to WoW since the first betas...I have a lvl 60 rogue on Thunderhorn if anyone is on that server. Guildwars is a great game, but not an MMO. WoW has tons of MMO stuff and pvp action. Guildwars is basically a pvp game. WoW takes more time, but I enjoy it much more...the game changes all the time as more ppl level to 60 and join the "end game."

For those who havent tried WoW, it takes a lot of time, but leveling is faster than EQ. You can get to level 60 in about 12-15 hours of play time, which isnt that bad.

So if you like only to PvP and not have challenges against computer controled mobs that require a lot of planning and ppl, then guildwars is your thing. But if you like both, I encourage you to try WoW. It is wasy to learn, but becomes more complicated as you level. In other words, playing the game is not that hard to learn if you level to 60 yourself, but if someone gave you a level 60 player, you would suck for a long time more than likely.

Anyways, if you have any WoW questions, email me at mattendres@gmail.com.....I run a large guild that is leading my server, and I really enjoy it, but it does take time. And yes, when I am at work, I cant stop thinking about getting back to my pc to play :p

EDIT: Just to let you know, most WoW players hate Guildwars and vice versa,...I only know a few ppl that think both have there perks...guildwars is free, but WoW is more in depth,..blah, blah, etc

My bad...i meant to say 12-15 DAYS of play time...hehe. That would be nuts lvling that fast. But still, 15 days to lvl isnt bad cause lvling is a big part of the game. But I have also put in about +30 days of play time at lvl 60, so there is a ton to do after you lvl to 60. And also, it is possible if you really know what you are doing to lvl to 60 in 10 days play time. Like I said, 15 isnt bad, esp when you consider that most ppl will play this game 4-8 hours a day. Goes by quickly.

You know. Playing a subscription fee is fine. But I don't wanna pay $20 Cdn a month when I knwo I won't play as much as the kid down th road. For unlimitted play $20 Cdn is fine. But they should also have a hourly rate. That way if I don't feel like playing for 2 weeks straight, I won't feel like is a waste of money. Then again, $20 bucks is not that much money.. If u have a full-time job..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom