GTA4 Tweak Guide: Easiest Way to Tweak GTA4 for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
PCGH - GTA 4: Making full use of 512 MiByte graphics cards - GTA 4, VRAM, video memory, 512mb, 512 MiB, commandline.txt

GTA 4: Making full use of 512 MB graphics cards

full length in detail of what my guide is about but a worthy read indeed. Comes with benchmarks that help so much. If u increase PCIe MHz, it improves performance!:

untitled-3.jpg

untitled1.jpg

Re: check and worked! Easiest way to unlock restrictions in GTA4 for PC!

Philbar you are quite mistaken if you think for a second your system can max it out at 1680x1050, apparently this game is ridiculously demanding computer wise and not even a core i7 OCed with a gtx 280 can max the game out and not have huge drops in fps in certain areas ( various articles throughout the net that document this ). Wether this is because the game truly is demanding or poorly ported, whatever, that doesn't change the fact that its so demanding.

I'm thinking of just getting the game for the PS3 since its at very reduced prices and I recently got a PS3...I mean so much less hassle, plus the 2 background apps ( 3 if you have steam version ) that is required to be run in the background to play doesn't exactly help smooth things over.

i know this thread is a couple of months out of date now, but i was looking for tweeks to make the improve the visuals and spare speed,

I'm running on amd 9950 2.6ghz x 4 oc to 2.72ghz
8gb 1066 ram
xfx gtx 260 oc black edition
2 x 500gb wd sata hdd

just short of 50 frames is very playable and i've got the game practically maxed out on 1920x1080 in hd

ideally, keep the Texture Quality at Medium. Keep -availablememory at 1.0. When i made it 2.0, it made things go slower as indicated from my past posts. Make sure to update to the latest patches. As of now, the latest patch is 1.0.4. Many more options in settings to tweak. I have actually new tweaks that add motion blur, depth of view, n smooth shadows. Those make the game look pretty awesome!

GTAForums.com -> Ultimate Graphics Tweak

^^ got them from here if u want some extra bells n whistles. I love it to death! Download Tweak 1 n follow the instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom