gta4 slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read in GTAforuns.com that GTA4 only uses max of 3 core even if you have quad.
since the game was ported from xbox version, xbox has 3 core...
supposed to be the next generation game and it only takes 3 core max....
way to go R*.

no man

it uses 4 core. i have duel monitors and i had my task manager open and all 4 cores where spiked. to about 70%. so it used all 4 cores i can promise you now. the quad uses 4 core.

no this game loves quad. I run this game and it's smooth like butter. Honestly I can't believe how much people run into problems with this game. I run very high settings and she is smooth always.

Try lowering your amount of traffic in the game to increase perfomance. That it hard on your cpu

ive tried lowering res to 1080 still the same its like its in slow mo/lag also ive tried updating my drivers to different ones links below

basically i think the game sucks big time and my system isnt that outdated my rig runs COD WOW on max res perfect

WoW doesnt have high requirements. Not to mention the CPU requirements.

Grand Theft Auto IV System Requirements for PC - VideoGamer.com

CPU Minimal

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4 Ghz

Recommended

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1 Ghz

From my knowledge of AMD CPU's you are under the minimal CPU recommendation. Your is only a 2.2GHz at stock. They require at least a 2.4GHz. So right there you would have to OC your CPU just to meet the minimal requirements. That would be why the game is slow. You dont even meet the minimal requirements.

huh??

The cod engine has been tweaked heavily for both cod4 and cod5.

its been tweaked but is still the same engine same for the source engine tf2 has been massively tweaked still source. this is why source engien games and cod games run so great. either way the engines are old and are nearign there graphical limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom