GTA4, Now Coming to PC !

Status
Not open for further replies.
A) The majority of the post is a rant against me personally. Seems rather childish.
B) He still failed to understand my point. I accept the fact that it won rewards and people love it so much. I accept the fact that it got great ratings. I accept that fact that tons of people love it.

My point is that it doesn't deserve any of it based on the content of the game(a.k.a. being over-rated).

This just in.... making statements about how everyone has an opinion and/or saying people are entitled to it needs to stop.
wut

Isn't that, you know, one of the basics of the US? Right to your own opinion (i.e. free speech). That's kinda what forums are about too...you share your own opinion with others (and they may or may not agree).

My point is that it doesn't deserve any of it based on the content of the game(a.k.a. being over-rated).

Which is your opinion. I have opinions on games that have won awards, that I consider overrated too. Halo being the biggest one; I think it's very overrated but hey, tons of people like it, and its won awards as well.

A) The majority of the post is a rant against me personally. Seems rather childish.

You made it personal after he asked you what you meant in your initial post.

B) He still failed to understand my point.

Maybe it's because you fail to make coherent points?

I accept the fact that it won rewards and people love it so much. I accept the fact that it got great ratings. I accept that fact that tons of people love it. My point is that it doesn't deserve any of it based on the content of the game(a.k.a. being over-rated).

But everyone should just agree with you, right?

To the initial response, I want to hear your opinion. Just don't cram it down my throat that what you are saying is your opinion. It's coming out of your mouth(Even though I'm reading it), of course it's your opinion. And of course you are entitled to it, and I'm entitled to mine.

I just meant that it's just a waste of time to include that little dialogue when everyone is stating what is on their mind.

Oh and what point is there to make? I think the game is overrated. He didn't really comment as to why it is; he merely just showed me that it's popular, it was rated well, won awards, and people like it.

^^ That's why I think it is overrated; I don't believe the content of the game warrants all the praise it is getting.

Is it really this hard to follow this logic?

That's why I think it is overrated; I don't believe the content of the game warrants all the praise it is getting.

Maybe you misunderstand games... I mean, it is a game, and it has been proclaimed "excellent" by the majority of the gaming community. I just don't see how you can feel that it doesn't deserve to be praised. You're basically saying that the audience is slighted and deceived, which I think is absurd.

I can say that rap is overrated and does not deserve the credit it gets, but that's because I don't really like rap or the people who act black (I live in MAINE, USA). This boils down to me simply not liking or really understanding ego music.

So essentially you are saying rap is over-rated in the same way that I'm saying GTA4 is over-rated. I find it amazing how people don't want to deal with the fact that someone might not like GTA4 as much as everyone else.

And maybe you are giving games less credit than they rightly deserve. Many games have transcended the typical "it's just a game" clice. Games like Metal Gear Solid, Okami, and ICO have created artistic masterpieces; they were more than "just a game".

The "it's just a game" mentality has become dominant in this industry, and it is preventing more ideas, unique concepts, and artistic expression from coming out of this medium.

So essentially you are saying rap is over-rated in the same way that I'm saying GTA4 is over-rated. I find it amazing how people don't want to deal with the fact that someone might not like GTA4 as much as everyone else.

But the game still deserves that credit for delivering the appropriate gameplay to the audience. If not, then that means the audience is ignorant and does not know good gaming, which I don't feel is true. With rap, I can say that yes, most of these people and the audience are ignorant and self-absorbed; life goals reflecting this mentality.

And maybe you are giving games less credit than they rightly deserve. Many games have transcended the typical "it's just a game" clice. Games like Metal Gear Solid, Okami, and ICO have created artistic masterpieces; they were more than "just a game".

The "it's just a game" mentality has become dominant in this industry, and it is preventing more ideas, unique concepts, and artistic expression from coming out of this medium.

I read extremely deep into games, because I too feel the medium is very promising as a means of interactive story-telling. I always WANT to be "swept off of my feet" by a game and it's actually the one area where I am not so pessimistic, (afterall, I want my investments to be worthwhile).

Games like HL2 and other cinematic games were a major eye-opener to the potential of video games. IMHO though, games like Halo and even MGS try to create the illusion of scale with tons of back-history and characters, but ultimately the experience felt unpersonal to me, whereas HL2 almost made me cry.

Every genre has it's strong points and it's limitations. Everyone is also looking for something else out of a video game when they play. The GTA series is not as "deep" as most genres, but it does a great job at trying to cover all of the bases and keep the majority happy, entertained, and challenged.

Ok guys... enough!!

This thread is done, its told what its need to so closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom