gta sanandreas

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
When i'm playing gta sanandreas the video gets all choppy even at low resolution what should I do?

My computer meets the minimum system requirements for the game but is still choppy.

system specs

amd athlon xp 1800
768mb ram
40gb hdd
nvidia geforce4 mx440 video
benq 17'' lcd monitor

Your video card sucks, (no offense , mine does too) thats why the game runs like shit. I have a GeForce4 MX4000 & with settings on Low, the game runs ok, but it still gets choppy sometimes.

ya i know, wuts a good reasonably cheap video card tht will play it better?

Heyyo,

I reccomend an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro, or a nivida fx5700 (NOT LE or anyother kindof suffix they suck). You can find them at decent prices of about $130 cad. I run the game with a 9600 pro and I can get some pretty good graphics. Las Venturas really beats down any computer since it's such a flashy town (lol, VRock Hotel pwns).

Now, I have an odd graphical problem where I have to leave the special effects on high. What happens is if I don't it starts having loading problems and I get a lot of black textures at a distance.. really annoying.

ya i had a bit of a problem where some trees didnt show up then they'd just appear out of nowhere and i'd end up hitting them.

Heyyo,

Lol, if anything barely better, most likely worse since it's pci.

I'm telling you man, you have to be willing to dish out good cash for a decent vidcard. If you're really strapped for cash? go to local comp shops, see if they have any geforce 4 ti's or geforce 3 ti's, they're much better than your current vidcard, and you can find them for under $100 cad I bet.

Btw, if you're into online bying in Canada www.ncix.com (Vancouver BC so if you're at metrotown it's just a few blocks away walk, there's more than 1 store, but that's the one I know) and www.tigerdirect.ca (ontario based store) is 2 of the best places for deals.. I prefer ncix over tiger cause sometimes tiger sells crap off like Maddog dvd burners (THEY SUCK SOOO BAD EVERYONE!). Plus their vidcard prices usually blow too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom