GTA San Andreas sudden problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninthBit

Baseband Member
Hi!
I had to install the game on my PC and despite my hardware I got it working pretty way with sufficient quality level. After service person visit I found out it with hard performance lack. I got strong slowdown especially then driving on everage speeds, but can see some "recovery" as the time goes by.
How does it can be, and how may I solve it finally?

Intel Celeron D 320, 2400 MHz (18 x 133)
512 MB RAM (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (128 MB)
Realtek ALC850 @ Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3] PCI
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

The game was running good until this technician visit. According to his words, there no many changes had been applied to hardware/software structure by him.

My older computer have FX5200 and it can run GTA San Andreas without any problem

Just run the game on 800x600 (or lower)

As I remember, in the display setting there something called FX quality, turn that to very low.

And make sure that AA (antialiasing) is turned off

My older computer have FX5200 and it can run GTA San Andreas without any problem

Just run the game on 800x600 (or lower)

As I remember, in the display setting there something called FX quality, turn that to very low.

And make sure that AA (antialiasing) is turned off

Yeah! 2 months before I did so and got low performance, but had to see that performance was improving as far as I was playing the game. 2 weeks later the performance became really great and I had to enjoy finest run. About week ago I called a technician to cure some hardware power supply issues. As part of the service he applied virus/spyware scan. Day later I found that game runned with initial low performance as 2 months ago. And ones more I expirience performance improvment as playing the game for some days.
Is it possible that game caches some data, and then it's clean it slow down recovering polygons in it. I started to think about this as I saw that entering visited areas (after cure) of the city no more cause slowdowns, just new areas do. Ones I walk in one place longer it no more slowdown so hard. The problem that the slowdown is not 100% cured and I have no ideas what can cause it be slow ones more.

Hmm, San Andreas should run dandy on that machine, Try closing everything you have open? When he "applied" a virus scan, did he keep the software on?

Hmm, San Andreas should run dandy on that machine, Try closing everything you have open? When he "applied" a virus scan, did he keep the software on?

I have already nothing more to close :) . The software is Symantec Antivirus, System Mechanic and Spybot. First one is really doing the background work:) , 2 other have to be started as a wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom