GTA IV System Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velgdran

Beta member
Hi bros, Im sorry to post it here, couldnt found the original thread for it. Just wanted to say I have purchased GTA 4 and i just hoped it will run perfectly on my machine, but it wasnt :). My system is an Intel Core i5 2.26Ghz 1066Mhz FSB, ATI Radeon HD 5470 512MB, 4GB DDR3 Memory and the game doesnt let me set it for high/very high details.
Have to play in medium/high details with 1280/768 resolution and its still kinda slow. I mean not that freakin slow like lagging but looks like a slow motion effect. BTW my machine its a laptop so not much that I can upgrade.
And a question: What is that memory usage thing in GTA 4 option menu when u setting the viewing distance and others its showing 350 used from 499, wth? Thx

This game is very demanding and will chew up a computer and spit it out.. So your best bet IMO is to lower the settings because your GPU is lacking.

If it wasnt a laptop id say overclock your CPU to give it a fighting chance. With the current specs at stock im suprised it plays it at all =/

I think the biggest lacking part here is the GPU and im afraid there isnt much we can say to help the performance any.

THe memory thing in the menu shows the estimated amount of video ram the game will use with the settings currently selected. It wont let you go over how much dedicated video ram you have.

If it makes you feel any better i cant really play it on my laptop either above medium.

This game eats video memory and CPU's. You need at least 1.25gb of gpu memory to run the game at max, as well as it being a new and fast card.

But the more cpu power you have the better. This game will happily take all the processing power of a Core i7.

GTA 4 is heavily dependent on the CPU more so than the GPU. A friend of mine has a Core 2 Duo and a 8800GT. He recently upgraded to a GTX 480. His frames jumped 10-15 frames. His GPU is much more powerful than mine but his CPU bottlenecked his performance. You need a better GPU though.

U can open the option of having High and Very High if u tweak the game. It's all over the internet but i made a thread years ago about how to do it step by step, n i wish i can update it too :(:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f15/gta4-tweak-guide-easiest-way-tweak-gta4-pc-195548/

REMEMBER to type in -availablememory 1.0, not 2.0. I really wish i can fix that in the thread, because after testing if u look on page 4, increasing from 1.0 to 2.0 n above doesnt help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom