GTA IV and my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyE

Beta member
I received GTA, but it is incredibly slow, and there's no textures and it's pretty much blue, since there's no textures.

My spec are as follows; http://i39.tinypic.com/20u30if.png (CLICK TO VIEW)
This also tells me what I need, but I don't know what will be useful for my PC.

Could someone guide me on to improving performance?

I have a Packard Bell IMEDIA D2315 AIO (Information and Instructions - IMEDIA D2315 AIO - PB80135601 - iMedia - platform_amadeus_imedia - Desktop)

I don't know what graphics card to get, is it integrated (or not) or the type of motherboard, so could someone help me please?
:laughing:
Thanks a lot!

link broken for system.
fixed it for you.
will look into it for you.

Edit:
has one pci-e slot for expansion.
using onboard graphics stock

Cannot find power supply information.

Can you open the case and read the sticker on the psu to tell us what you have.
need watts, brand and amps if you can get it.
thanks

link broken for system.
fixed it for you.
will look into it for you.

Edit:
has one pci-e slot for expansion.
using onboard graphics stock

Cannot find power supply information.

Can you open the case and read the sticker on the psu to tell us what you have.
need watts, brand and amps if you can get it.
thanks

Thanks a lot mate, really appreciate it. :)

EDIT:
FSP Group Inc.
AC Input: 220 - 230V
2 Amps
50Hz

You have an nVidia 7050, it's not powerfull enough.

You need a new GPU, such as the ATI 4850

OK.

What is your budget?
did you open the case to see watts?
the info you gave was about the type of power the psu needs not what it puts out.

OK.

What is your budget?
did you open the case to see watts?
the info you gave was about the type of power the psu needs not what it puts out.

Very cheap since I'm only a student. Nothing over £50 (Preferably much less)
Yes I opened it. - That's all I could see, could you analyse the model number? :S

I removed GTAIV from my computer (setup in sig) because I did not consider it playable at all at the FPS I was getting, so I am pretty sure that you can not get anything playable on your system unless you update as suggested. What resolution are you playing at?

I finally gave my copy to a friend and got the PS3 version second hand at Daily Price. It's a totally different experience on the PS3 tbh....

BTW, I'm pretty sure that it is impossible for your PSU to provide only 2 Amps of current, double check that.

I removed GTAIV from my computer (setup in sig) because I did not consider it playable at all at the FPS I was getting, so I am pretty sure that you can not get anything playable on your system unless you update as suggested. What resolution are you playing at?

I finally gave my copy to a friend and got the PS3 version second hand at Daily Price. It's a totally different experience on the PS3 tbh....

BTW, I'm pretty sure that it is impossible for your PSU to provide only 2 Amps of current, double check that.

1990x900

It's 220-230V

Eh ? My friend has stock Q6600 and 8600GTS and gets 25 to 40fps. I don't know what your problem is.
That said - is £50 really your budget ?

Uhm, just checked. Your running a slow dual core, this game uses 90percent of my Quad Core at 3.7Ghz. Your CPU isn't really quick enough either. To be honest, you need a Quad Core for this game or at the least a very high end dual core, before i got my quad, i used a E6850@ 3.2Ghz (200mhz OC) and it was playable, 20 to 25fps. Yours is noway near that fast.

You either need to a) get it on console or b) beg your (hopefully rich) parents for money for a new PC, so you can 'improve the quality of your coursework and assignments' :p

Eh ? My friend has stock Q6600 and 8600GTS and gets 25 to 40fps. I don't know what your problem is.

Is your friend running it on a 24" monitor too? I couldn't get 20FPS with any eye-candy enabled at my native res. What I consider playable is 60FPS average (after an hour gameplay at least), and I really do not like turning down the eye candy to make it look like a Neo Geo game. :D Maybe later patches fixed it....dunno.

Solution? 20€, Daily Price, PS3 and playing on 60". :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom