Green Tint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish2284

Baseband Member
I have been having issues since installing a new vid card (MSI GeForce 6600). The problem is it is only some of the time.

The problem : I get a green tint over my screen, smoke looks green, etc.

When it happens: It only happens when running some of my configs and when I am running the game full screen. I have 2 configs that the game runs fine on and when I reset the default settings the game runs fine. When minimized the game runs fine. However the configs I like happen to have this tint which I would like to fix.

Changing the digital vibrance, image sharpening, brightness, contrast, gamma, none of it helped.

What can I do?

For an idea about what I am talking about see the following links.

link 1

link 2

link 3

Go into the color management controls for your video card (through the display properties\advanced) and alter the RGB values till things look right.

ShoobieRat said:
Go into the color management controls for your video card (through the display properties\advanced) and alter the RGB values till things look right.

When i go into color corrections I see my digital vibrance, brightness, contrast, gamma, image sharpness, and even when i select green instead of all channels it didnt seem to make a difference.

Am I doing what you suggested or are you referring to a difference menu because I didnt see any advanced settings area?

Press the button on the monitor without a + or - on it. (If there is more than one, try them all). A menu should pop up. Then, using the plus and minus buttons to scroll, select the option that has to do with the colors (mine says, 'color settings') with the same button you used to bring up the menu. You should be able to fix the tint here.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with your screenshots.

no_Wedge said:
it might be overheating, and that green tint is artifacts, opr your monitor is going out

I could see the monitor going out except that when i set the configs to default I dont have a green tint, or when the game is cut to half screen it is gone.

KJS77 said:
Press the button on the monitor without a + or - on it. (If there is more than one, try them all). A menu should pop up. Then, using the plus and minus buttons to scroll, select the option that has to do with the colors (mine says, 'color settings') with the same button you used to bring up the menu. You should be able to fix the tint here.

I will post a clear screen shot to show the difference. I went into my color scheme and changed some of the colorings, though it let me change blue and red it said green was fixed and I could not touch it.

KJS77 said:

Problem SS:
green

Clear SS: (taken while minimized)
clear

Irish2284 said:
I could see the monitor going out except that when i set the configs to default I dont have a green tint, or when the game is cut to half screen it is gone.
If you think it's the monitor...go test it on another machine! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom