Got a question about FRAPS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phate

In Runtime
whenever i run it, in recording mode that is, my FPS goes so far down its horrible. i go from normal (aprox 40) to about 1-8. is there any way to make it run on my normal resolution but not rob my FPS?

i set it to half size, and every setting i could think of, but the only way to get the recording to work is to set all my video settings to lowest in the game, and then it works fairly well. but then of course the recording is horrible too.

well, it mainly depends on CPU and GPU speeds.....and how much ram you have.....listing your computer setup and specs would be alot more helpful.

Same here. When in CS:S, even playing on a server i started with no one else in it, and record, my FPS drop from 60-100 to about 1-5, and it only records a small square of the screen.

heres some general system specs

2gb Patriot Signature RAM
NVIDIA 7600GT video card, 512mb ram
Intel P4 2.4ghz processor
500W PSU
upgraded fan

any idea how to fix this anyone? i want to record movies of my gaming, but i cant because i have to either do it at the lowest settings, or do it so laggy i cant even play.

Well, I"m not exactly sure why your FPS is going down so low to 1-8 FPS. And I'm not exactly sure why only a portion of the screen is captured.

But, I do know that when you are recording video in fraps it's basically taking snapshots of your game images and converting them to a video file. There are settings in fraps when you can alter the "Frames Per Second" capture. Default is 30 or 29. So your recording your video at 30 frames per second. This is primarily to keep the files size of the recording down. This is also a standard for most videos. 30 FPS. So basically your game runs at 30 FPS... Then take into account, latency issues and other resource issues and now you have 1-8 FPS.

When I record most games i'll get 29-15 FPS depending on the game and other issues mentioned. Say in BF2 I normally get 80-90FPS - while recording in fraps i'll get about 20+FPS...

so basically im stuck not recording WoW... so how do other people do it? how come they can record very high quality videos no problem?

Depending on the game you'll need a decent amount of system resources to play the game and record. The video I record is pretty good. What are the specs of your PC?

some people use a camcorder or something like that, i know its not the best quality but at least it leaves the pc just to play the game and it doesnt effect FPS

On my laptop, I can play BF2 and record @ 30 or 40 fps just fine. My specs are in my sig.

I don't see why your system couldn't do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom