Is this a good gaming pc

Oh man..I remember my dual Athlon fx build! One of the mosT exciting builds I've ever had... it's too bad core 2 duo spanked it.. and they got so hot they would heat up my room...whatever poor video card was housed in thE chassis with it as going to suffer for sure
Just having a single X2 4200+ at 2.9GHz was enough to warrant my own window unit AC. I can only imagine what 2 of these super OCd would do. :eek:

Just having a single X2 4200+ at 2.9GHz was enough to warrant my own window unit AC. I can only imagine what 2 of these super OCd would do. :eek:

It was pretty bad.. my room would easily turn into a sauna if the door was closed.. 80-90 degrees in my room if I was playing a game for a while... I loved that system...but it just wasn't worth the heat.... sold it to get a q6600 if I remember correctly

I loved amd and wanted to stay a loyal supporter..but they just kind of fell off the high end...really hard

It was pretty bad.. my room would easily turn into a sauna if the door was closed.. 80-90 degrees in my room if I was playing a game for a while... I loved that system...but it just wasn't worth the heat.... sold it to get a q6600 if I remember correctly

I loved amd and wanted to stay a loyal supporter..but they just kind of fell off the high end...really hard
Indeed. I tried sticking with them all the way to the 955BE where my friends i5 750 was stomping me hard. Sold that rig, got (ironically) the CPU in my sig with an eVGA board and never looked back. Intel has closed the price gap too.

Give or take intel systems rock, but because I have 3 htpc's in the house and like having the diff experiences with processors I tend to use both. I ironically have a amd 4200, and it does get hot, but I minimally use it in a shuttle htpc I brought back to life for 50 bucks off craigslist, lol.

Back
Top Bottom