Good gaming monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeleryGoblin

Baseband Member
I plan to get an LCD monitor for my PC, but I've heard that people run into problems when using LCDs for games.

I'm buying the LCD from iBUYPOWER, and I heard that their LCD monitors aren't all that good for gaming, is this true?

Also, if LCDs aren't good for gaming, does anyone have some suggestions for where to buy a high qualiy CRT?

i play all my games on a lcd and so do all my friends and not only do they look nice they are space savers i like them better than a regular monitor. but if i didn;t have the money foreone i would just stay with a reg.

I'm no expert on monitors, but I've heard what makes a monitor good for gaming is its response rate. If the response rate of a monitor is 12ms or less, then its a pretty good monitor. Also, look for a 17 inch or above. You will enjoy the 1280x1024 resolution. Don't get a 15 inch lcd with 25ms like me and you won't have to deal with 1024x768 plus slow response time.

How much are you looking to spend? I've used a 19inch LCD for about for about 4 months now and it's been awesome. I went from a 17inch CRT to what i have now and i couldn't be happier. My LCD has 8 ms response time and i play BF2 and WoW with no issues. Cost me over $300 shipped but it was worth it.

I've got a Videoseven 17"LCD monitor with a 12ms response time and it handles games no problem. The only let down is that when you strafe left and right you do get some blurring. So if you are going to buy a LCD monitor go with one that has a 8ms or lower response time and at least 17", like chickenfoot said. A 15" and 25ms and you will really start to notice blurring especially if you like playing FPS's. btw I love the sig celery goblin. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom