Good games + epic mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
What the title says. Anybody know of any good games with epic mods such as Oblivion or Stalker that does not require Steam to run (like Garys Mod).

By epic it could be a redone older game in a new engine or just a high res texture pack or even an overhaul with a new story.

Got them both and Stalker was one of the most recent games i played...again hehe. Thats why im looking for more. I got real excited with that total conversion mod for Oblivion but i simply cant do subs.

What the title says. Anybody know of any good games with epic mods such as Oblivion or Stalker that does not require Steam to run (like Garys Mod).

By epic it could be a redone older game in a new engine or just a high res texture pack or even an overhaul with a new story.

counter strike: source - Zombie mod (there where tons can't right remember the name of the good one)
Not trying to be mean with the bold or quote, but just pointing that out.

Reason being is my internet connection is iffy at best. I havent updated any of my Steam games in a long time so im sure there is a ton of updates i need to download which will take forever. Not to mention hog the internet from anybody else browsing.

Quake 2 had the mod for Action Quake.... It rocked.
Als bf1942 had the desert combat mod which was spectacular!
Gonna look up that Action Quake. Ive had Desert Comabt for a LONG time (02 or 03?). Used to have so many hours of gameplay at LANs with that mod.

Crysis mod - Mechwarrior Living Legends seems to get a lot of good reviews.
I have it and wasnt what i was hoping for unless they actually decided on a single player again. I love Mechwarrior though. Any news on 5 or has it been canned already?

You kind of answered it yourself..

Oblivion and Fallout are the mod beasts. They even have in built mod support.. thats so rare these days. Use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom