Goldeneye:Source (FREE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure about this, most mods require you to have the source engine i think. I had it already so it just loaded up for me. I am not sure if it would have came with it if not. You can catch deals on steam at times and get CS:S or TF2 for $10. Orange Box (HL2 series, Portal, and TF2) is only $30, it is more than worth it IMO.

Ya i should have mentioned it is multiplayer only, but to be honest that is all 99% of the masses fell in love with Goldeneye for. I doubt most people would have even played through the campaign again. For today's standards the single player style, trial and error + memorization, is outdated and replaced with more intuitive based sandbox oriented gameplay.

Yeh you need to have purchased a source game to play it.

Shame it sucks so badly. Its terrible.

I guess it is not for everyone. If you never like Goldeneye on 64 you won't like this. I don't think it sucks at all though. I have put 6 hours into it so far and i am loving it, but back in the ate 90s i put thousands of hours into playing goldeneye with my friends so the nostalgia of it is obviously making me bias. It is as close to the original as possible with better sound and graphics.

There weren't many servers, but I had good fun playing it earlier today. Obviously it's nothing special, it's basically just a replica of an N64 game with crisper graphics, so compared to a modern game, it's junk. I'd love to see the original Perfect Dark made into the Source engine. That was my favorite FPS of that era.

The level design is amazing. But the characters and engine aren't the greatest. Most of the guns shoot at an angle or don't aim properly at all. They really to fix that up before the final release.

Very good find! I loved Goldeneye on N64. I'll have to give this a shot when I get home. From what you guys are saying it looks to be pretty promising. Obviously some bugs and stuff, but that's to be expected. If I had all the hours I wasted on this game back, I could've done something great for the world....

The level design is amazing. But the characters and engine aren't the greatest. Most of the guns shoot at an angle or don't aim properly at all. They really to fix that up before the final release.

In the original Goldeneye the aim was slightly off to the left of the center of the screen unless you used your aim button. I think they were sort of going for that effect but over/underdid it. The wide weapon spread is put there on purpose also to mimic the original. After playing hours upon hours of CS:S it is kind of crappy to deal with now lol.

All nostalgia aside i wish they would give hosts the options to allow for cross hairs and tighter weapon spreads.

One thing you can do to get more use to it is play paintball modes, that way you get to clearly see where the bullets are landing and what type of spread your dealing with. The Klobb for instance has such a sick spread your better off using the PP7, but that's how it was on 64 too.

One other gripe i have about it is the player limit, lots of the weapons were designed specifically for 4 player matches, when you put 16 people in the basement, remote mines are sooo overpowered it is robing the fun. Also there are not enough guns/armor for 16 players. I hope people adopt a lot more 4 player matches soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom