Ghosting in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

evan833

Baseband Member
Having trouble with COD MW2 Seeing players walking in air and generally ghosting. Does anyone know what I can do do to fix this.

I'm not sure why I'm seeing this. I have not had any problems with the other COD games. I play COD4 (Modern Wargare) and COD5 (World at War) fine, but for some reason. Players are a few feet or mare away than they appear on my screen. Sometimes I dont even see them right in front of me. I have an internet connection. 4 Gigs of Dual Channel Ram. A Saphire Radeon 4850 graphics card. Dual core AMD processor Black edition. I forget the specs on it. Does anyone know what I can do do to fix this.

I can have up to 75 hz. I ran it at 75 hz for a while then changed it to 70 hz just to see what would happen and I'm not sure if anything changed. I can check it at lower rates. I suppose down to 60 hz if it would help.

its 8 ms. Its a Scepte X9g -Naga V Moniter. 19". I tried to use the analog cable instead of the DVI. It didn't fix it.

I also want to add that th game itself works fine. Its only the players that are showing up walking in air and not really where they are shown.

I seams a little odd that 3 ms would cause the issues I'm seeing. I'm curious about my ram. If somehow it could be causing this. Also I have a ECS Elitegroup A780GM-A mother board with a Radeon 3200 on-board graphics. I also have a PCI Express ATI Radeon 4850 graphics card.

I am using the PCI Express video card as my main graphics card and wonder if somehow both are somehow working. The third thing I wonder about is using my cable internet instead of the DSL I used to have. It only happens in COD Mod Warfare 2 tho.

All other games work great. Also It only happens with the players running around on my screen. The background, and environment are fine spectacular.

Download and install the latest drivers for you 4850. Both are not working. 3ms can cause a huge difference with older machines. Cable net tends to be faster then DSL in most areas. Honestly go grab a CRT monitor and try that. CRT monitors have a faster repsonse time then any LCD. If there is no ghosting on the CRT its your monitor. It also sounds like your getting lag as well. This is probably caused by slow connection or really low FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom