Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fair

• Poor

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphics do add a nice touch, but as long as it runs smoothly and the gameplay is good I don't mind playing games on like medium settings (voted "as long as i can clearly make things out").

boomstick666 said:
i heard the second one is better?
In general the first Deus Ex is regarded as being the better of the two.
Deus Ex 2 has better graphics but as far as plot and gameplay are concerned the original can't be beat. Besides, Deus Ex 1 won tons of game of the yera awards, I don't think the sequel won any. Place the first game and then the second one, you'll understand the story better anyways.

I understand your points here. But, I myself really love eye candy... Yes, game play is very important and overall, I agree I'd rather have gameplay then eye candy. But, it's so sweet when you have both in the same game. When everything is done perfectly and you just enjoy a game for all it's worth... There aren't many games out there like that.

Look at FEAR for example. I'd give it like a 9 out of 10 for eye candy. But, the game play is so dull and boring... It's absolutely nothing different then any other FPS. It have virtually zero replay value.

Farcry i'd also give a 9. Yet, unlike fear, i can play farcry over and over again, any level and never get tired of it. May-be it's the outside levels that give you the ability to roam large areas... vs. FEAR which is limited to inside restrictive areas.

Then look at BF2. Great online gameplay, can play it over and over and over again... yet the graphics are about a 7.5, the same for games like CS:S, or HL2.

I don't care what anyone says, Unreal 1 and Unreal Tournament (1999) still have amazing graphics, and both still have great gameplay.

Graphics matter so far as tey affect the gameplay, some game types (most prehaps) becombe more immersive the better the graphics are.
First person RPGs and FPS really benefit from realistic graphics because you want as much realism as you can get in these games.

Although graphics don't necessarily make a game good or bad by them selves, some of my favourite games in all genres are older ones with, what would these days be concidered rubbish graphics.
Fallout 1&2, divine divinity, unreal tournament...

None the less better graphics make any game more pallatable. Good graphics is never a negative, so when not insist on having better graphics?

Honestly graphics aren't that important to me. I like them to look nice but I'm way more interested in the gameplay and how the game performs as in frames per second. I need a high frame rate or I just can't stand it. As long as the graphics are at least as good as PSX I don't mind them at all.

Heh, I see nobody chose the "couldn't care less" option. I guess there are no 2600 players in the house. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom