Get what games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mps

Baseband Member
I, when the parts get here, am going to want to play some good games on my computer once I build it.

I have C&C Generals, Star Wars Force Commander (classic will it only run on win 98?), and an even older classic; Metal Marines. I havn't been able to paly C&CG because my dad wouldn't let me instal it onto our computer and my other computer couldn't even handle rollercoaster tycoon, can one say LAG?

I know about WoW, I'd like to play that, but I want to get a job to pay for gas and the subscription costs first. So I'll probobly get it in a few months.

For free games, I might start playing Maple Story. Both of my best friends play it, but I didn't like it at first, and I just got a little interested since Runescape got VERY BORING.

I like most first person shooters, so I'll may get halo 1 and/or 2. I dunno about Counter Strike tho...

I may get the NFS game, on of my friends has it. Best [insert powerful adjective here]ing graphics that I've ever seen in a racing game.

I also like RPG's so I could consider fate, or diablo 2.

Thanks in advance

If you have a broadband connection, check out BF2. Since EA FINALlY got the 1.4 patch out it is a great game. Plus, its free to play online.

Could you both and everyone please summarise the games into it's basics? I'm working on my homework right now, so I cna't really reaserch the games.

Thanks and sorry.

BF2- near-future war. You choose which kit you want:
  • Special forces, with C4 instead of grenades.
  • Assault, your basic grunt.
  • Sniper, just what it sounds like.
  • Engineer, can fix things and carries anti-vehicle mines.
  • Medic, can heal and revive teammates.
  • Support, carries LMG (light machine gum) and can give ammo to teammates.
  • Anti-tank, carries anti-vehicle rockets.

I recommend you play single-player a bit to get the hand of the controls so you don't look like a complete noob when you go online.

Online play is cool, because every player is someone somewhere in the world playing just like you are. there are no computer controlled bots. The action can get pretty intense, but it is great fun when your team works together.

use dosbox for all your games...can't run all the old stuff but what it can...makes it great!

the old games are the best, loaded with charm.

Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory is an online World War II FPS

Choose a side (Axis or Allies) and work as a team to complete your objectives.

Classes:
Soldier - Mostly uses heavy weapons (Panzer, Flamethrower, Mortar, etc.)
Engineer - Uses a machine gun or a rifle/grenade launcher, builds things to aid in the completion of objectives. Also sets/defuses land mines, and uses dynamite to destroy objectives.
Medic - Heals/revives teammates, uses a machine gun
Field Ops - Calls in artillery strikes and air strikes, gives ammo, uses a machine gun
Covert Ops - Uses one of two sniper rifles or a silenced machine gun, sometimes destroys other teams objectives w/ satchel charges. Also carries smoke screens.

Every player also has a knife, a secondary weapon (either a pistol or dual pistols), and grenades.

Start out on a server with fewer people and get a feel for the game before you join one with lots of players.

why dont you want to try counter strike source?

I like C&CG but it seems noone plays it anymore :( Not that many people play on servers

And seeing that you have an older OS.. most (if any) new games will not work on a 98... you need xp.

What is ur specs? so therfor we can determine if your computer can handle some of these games

I've never nead of dosbox, where can I get it?

And I guess CS hasn't really appealed to me for some reason that I don't know.

Thanks for the input, keep it comming as long as you have it.

The stuff *I* like, you might consider juvenile. My current preferred games are not dependent on major configurations. I like:

kingdomofloathing.com -- a simple nonsensical game. It has references to a ton of other games and shows and things, lots of humor, and is just great mostly-mindless fun.

puzzlepirates.com - a MMORPG where you are a pirate and you try to move up through ranks to become well known. Or not, if you don't want to. It's another mindless type thing. All the things you "do" involve puzzles (thus, the name).

I also like Age of Empires 3 (based on the same thing as the other Age of Empires games, but better).

And Dungeon Siege 2 (RPG).

I don't play much of the last two, so I'm not sure I could post a usable review. Maybe if someone else enjoys them, they could be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom