Get rid of BF2 ranks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waphlez

Fully Optimized
I've been playing BF2 at a friends house a lot and it seems everybody is out for themselves and just try to get kills instead of objectives and no one listens. I get about one good game of teamwork and then POOF! All I get are no-care team mates that all they want is more kills. I think they should just do-away with the ranking system so that people won't just try and rank up and actually play the game like the way the devs had in mind; a squad type game, where teamwork is importaint.

Samething with Halo2 they should just not show your level and have it "hidden" from players eyes.

What do you guys think about this?

I know what you mean but It just gets annoying when people are running around just trying to get kills. They should make objectives more rewarding so people will try to get them more.

I'm not saying we should get rid of it completly but i'm saying that they should do something about it. It's still a fun gun even when people aren't in teamwork but I have a lot more fun when it feels like an actual squad. I've had one really good game with a bunch of people who listened and it was twice as much fun as one without teamwork.

You would still have people that don't care about teamwork. I personally think it's really cool when it happens but so rarely does it happen in any public server in any game that I don't press it.

Sounds to me like you need to join a clan :p

Find a different server, I am usually on ones that have all squads maxed and working together under the commander awesomely, it makes the game.

Nothing wrong in being a Lone Wolf. Go off on your own, using stealth, capturing flags/spawnpoints for your team to win... great fun. Of course if you get different squads assigned to this task it's even better, but rarely does this happen.

What's needed for a good round of BF2 are good Commaders and Squad leaders, and a couple of good pilots per team.

Ranking is fine in my book although i didn't like what 1.03 did for it. I don't care what my other teammates do as long as they are good. can't stand it when is team if full of players who aren't good or just run off somewhere to pick their butts. I'm not a big fan of people who don't join squads.

Yes, the rankings give the game more life and it is still fun but I think they should at least think about changing somethings around. I hardly find alot of servers that uses the squads (maybe bad luck), Well I'm happy that my friend is going to start a clan with like 8 other kids at school so I can just join his.

I would like a game with all the features of BF2 such as vehicles and 64-players on large maps but still have it as a squad based shooter (it's just when you have that much people that you feel that here has to be some more orginzation). I would have more fun playing COD1 then BF2 with people just running around (although this is still fun, the gameplay of that isn't as fun as COD1, but I've played that to death and want something new) Now when you have a ton of people it isn't that bad and is pretty fun. And COD2 comes out today :D.

I think this hold the game back from it's potential.

All I can say is, "Find a good BF2 clan." If you're over 18 my clan is always looking for recruits. Just sure for "DRS CLAN" we have a 32 slot server.

i totally suck at the game... so when i play... i just go solo... ranking doesnt matter to me anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom