Gears Of War PC Hits Expiration Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my friend found out a few minutes ago... he's pretty steamed and is wanting to sue... does that have a legitimate case?

So, my friend found out a few minutes ago... he's pretty steamed and is wanting to sue... does that have a legitimate case?

no he cant because Epic Games is already in the works to fix this issue:

IGN: Epic Explains Gears of War Error

"The online cheat detection features in Gears of War for Windows are based on digital signatures. Well, we made an embarrassing mistake: we signed the executable with a certificate that expired in a way that broke the game.

We're working with Microsoft to re-sign the binaries properly, and hope to have this fixed very soon. We know how much this situation sucks, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

In the mean time a work-around for this is to set your computer's date back to a date before today."

I disagree. Although it's obviously not a good thing. The main reason for piracy is that it's free.

With pirated games you mostly get an exact copy of the game and the same protection will be installed. It's just that they add a crack or whatever to bypass that protection.

but i pirated gears of war. for an english instal becausei boguht a french copy by accident... or doing it to avoid drm. im not doing it because im cheap in my case drm has driven me to piracy.

but i pirated gears of war. for an english instal becausei boguht a french copy by accident... or doing it to avoid drm. im not doing it because im cheap in my case drm has driven me to piracy.

meh if you've paid for it, it doesn't even count :/

Bottom line is it's pretty lame when you need to download a cracked version of something you paid for, just so it works properly.

Bottom line is it's pretty lame when you need to download a cracked version of something you paid for, just so it works properly.

well a fix is in the works so no need to get a cracked version. You got a Games for Windows - Live account? Mine is xWildsidex. Also, show me a pic of ur wire management in ur HAF. I didnt know u got one because u have been gone for so long.

I wasn't just talking about gears lol, Every game EA releases, and more companies are following suit. Besides I didn't like the first gears game anyway. Got an hour in and deleted it :/ I picked up number 2 for xbox the other day, cause I got it for 10$, but havent bothered tryign it yet. Probably not much different from the first.

Yeah I got one a few months ago, pretty sweet imo.

i do have a windows live account, but can't relly remember what it is lol. I don't think I play any games that use it anyway. it's either Akubane or Kathars1s.

As far as wire managment pics, I never bothered taking any. I'll take a couple in friday (next day off) and PM you. I didn't really spend much time on it. Guess I just got frustrated keeping up with all the hardware when I realized I'd spent over 8k in the last year and a half lol. I haven't even bothered opening the case to dust. I get a sour taste every time I look inside and realize I need to build a completely new rig now before I'll be satisfied heh.

I wonder if theres an addiction group for this sort of thing XDDD

Speakign of dust, It's the only thing I miss about my cosmos. Full round dust guards. The inside stayed so clean, I never had to touch it. the HAF is a magnet though lol.

I wasn't just talking about gears lol, Every game EA releases, and more companies are following suit. Besides I didn't like the first gears game anyway. Got an hour in and deleted it :/ I picked up number 2 for xbox the other day, cause I got it for 10$, but havent bothered tryign it yet. Probably not much different from the first.

Yeah I got one a few months ago, pretty sweet imo.

i do have a windows live account, but can't relly remember what it is lol. I don't think I play any games that use it anyway. it's either Akubane or Kathars1s.

As far as wire managment pics, I never bothered taking any. I'll take a couple in friday (next day off) and PM you. I didn't really spend much time on it. Guess I just got frustrated keeping up with all the hardware when I realized I'd spent over 8k in the last year and a half lol. I haven't even bothered opening the case to dust. I get a sour taste every time I look inside and realize I need to build a completely new rig now before I'll be satisfied heh.

I wonder if theres an addiction group for this sort of thing XDDD

Speakign of dust, It's the only thing I miss about my cosmos. Full round dust guards. The inside stayed so clean, I never had to touch it. the HAF is a magnet though lol.

thx for the acc. As for dust, i heard it was a problem too. I'm gonna try out sheets of Bounce or cut holes in a panty hose. Keep my system cooler, like dropped 5 C degress or so and now im able to achieve a 100% stable 3.7GHz now speed. NB is pretty warm when i touched the heatsink/pipe. Increased voltaged from 1.3 to 1.4.

thx for the acc. As for dust, i heard it was a problem too. I'm gonna try out sheets of Bounce or cut holes in a panty hose. Keep my system cooler, like dropped 5 C degress or so and now im able to achieve a 100% stable 3.7GHz now speed. NB is pretty warm when i touched the heatsink/pipe. Increased voltaged from 1.3 to 1.4.

LOL, you can buy fan filters man.

i know the fact that ive paid for it doesnt count theroreticaly. wham makes it matter tho is when they count how many downloads have been made of the pirated version to see how pirated this game is, i am in those numbers. i own the game but contribute to the total % of the game being pirated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom