Gears Of War PC Hits Expiration Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i bought it to. exept my copy is french, but everytime i instal i download an english dl and use my cd key. well people will just download teh drm free one still lame we have to do so.

Agree'd here too.

been a while since ive seen u Akubane. I get 49 fps average in GTA4 since i changed the -availablememory 2.0 back to 1.0 (512MB, which was detected before in GTA4, NO Crossfire support!).

i got my HAF, check out wire management thread, i will make adjustsments later.

Yeah. Shoulders recovered enough to put me back to work. It's been a nightmare. I've spent most of last 3 weeks eating ibuprophen like candy and sleeping.. lmao.

Nice, how you likin it so far? I don't know if I'll ever buy another case, it's rocked my socks. I'll check out the thread now ^_^

Agree'd here too.

I disagree. Although it's obviously not a good thing. The main reason for piracy is that it's free.

With pirated games you mostly get an exact copy of the game and the same protection will be installed. It's just that they add a crack or whatever to bypass that protection.

I only agreed 'cause that's the case with me lol. I'm not shy about spending money, as most here probbaly know by now -.-, especially if I like the company. I know that for the majority of people pirating, it's because it's free. That is fact.

What I was agreeing to, is that there are even more people that choose to pirate, over and above those people doing it to get free games, out of spite for the fact that stuff like this is becoming more and more apparent. Gears, Spore etc etc.
Rather than act as a deterrant, you still get those selfsame people who're too cheap to spend the money to buy the games, but you also get people like myself who'll do it just out of spite for the company.

Of course im not so naive to think that pirating games just because of ridiculous DRM is going to make them stop using it. Considering companies seem to be rather clueless, and will probably increase the DRM measures instead of thinking that more people are beginning to pirate because of that selfsame 'protection', in hindsight it's just going to end up adding to the problem itself.
buuuut... since they're going to continue on increasing it wether or not me and a hundred thousand others pirate out of spite, I may as well enjoy my short-lived sense of victory :/

Besides, if the game is decent and I like the company I'll buy it, then use a cracked version. They get their money, I bypass DRM. Everyone's happy.
It's just that that doesn't work for games that require online use -.-

On that note, EA can burn in h-e-doublehockeysticks. I'm tired of feeding them money.

I disagree. Although it's obviously not a good thing. The main reason for piracy is that it's free.

With pirated games you mostly get an exact copy of the game and the same protection will be installed. It's just that they add a crack or whatever to bypass that protection.

agreed. i pirate because i am cheap.
and i love pirates. yar.

The philosophy I've always had is that if there is software that is harder to install/own legally than it is to pirate then there is a problem.

That is how i see the situation, I have seen a few mistakes made with DRM but this has to take the cake. I am not much of a gamer but if i was and I legally bought a game and played it for 2 years the all of a sudden the vendor said sorry you can't play it any more I would be more than mad.

In this case I know it was a mistake some one forgot a certificate most likely but this kind of thing has to show that current methods of copy protection etc just don't work. Especially when it is as simple to bypass as changing the date on the system clock.

That is how i see the situation, I have seen a few mistakes made with DRM but this has to take the cake. I am not much of a gamer but if i was and I legally bought a game and played it for 2 years the all of a sudden the vendor said sorry you can't play it any more I would be more than mad.

In this case I know it was a mistake some one forgot a certificate most likely but this kind of thing has to show that current methods of copy protection etc just don't work. Especially when it is as simple to bypass as changing the date on the system clock.

Agree with everything said here.

What a big cluster...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom