Gears Of War Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
Well, there is a patch out...I can not find anywhere where it says what it fixes.

It is only 2.95 MB

Hopefully it will at least let some people get the game installed without crashing.

Gears of War - Gears of War PC Title Update

It seems if you have an Asus mobo....when you run the patch the Asus auto update utility also wants to run to update your bios! WTF.

You must uninstall the asus updte utility to run the patch....What a bunch of crap!

Well, the patch seems to have fixed my annoying stuttering problem...its nice and smooth now :)

I just hope I don't run into any other issues.

I am having WAY too much fun with COD 4 right now to play Gears.

Once i am done with COD 4 ......then I will be off too Gears.

Ya, i finished cod4 a couple weekends ago, need to finish gears and crysis then get started on mario galaxy.

Actually now that i got the patch, im getting stuttering and the game just crashed on me. Huzzah!

Because the game forced me to patch. I started it up and got a message saying "a patch is required".

Because the game forced me to patch. I started it up and got a message saying "a patch is required".

Man...Epic is really dropping the ball on this one....that is just absolutely crazy to force someone to patch...I mean please! That should be your option....thats like forcing someone to flash their mobo bios, when thay are not having any issues!

What's worse is that you have to log in to windows live to save you freaking game. What happens if you dont have internet and you want to play, you dont get to save your progress.

I've been playing Gears for awhile now, without internet, and I was able to save my game.... I don't know what you are talking about.

But the patch really didn't fix any performance issues with me, I still get stuttering in some parts and I am still not able to play the game on highest (no dx10/AA) with solid frame rates. Looks like I'm gonna wait for another patch or upgrade to an 8800gts 512.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom