Gaming and resolution???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear, I've been out of the game so long I feel like I've been in a coma and just now waking to all kinds of new stuff out there..

.....well judging from your sig you're back in it..that's a nice rig you have there....just give it a nice 19'' widescreen LCD and you're set. (also CRT emits harmful x and gamma rays)

No need to get cancer! Save yourself and buy an LCD!!!!

Yes it's clearer, yes you see more.....but the reason they may not look better to you is because your monitor is an old school 17'' crt ;)

So looks like I have yet another item to upgrade... Oh well, money in money out... Keeps me motivated...

Remember, you should always focus on the quality and the detail of the texture and make sure that it is at a high level, the resolution comes second in my opinion.

I have an LG 24 inch wide screen . I upgraded from an NEC-19 inch CRT, i have to say I'm impressed. The reason i hadn't upgraded was because i could never find an lcd that could surpass my crt's quality, but this one did it. TBQH go for quality over quantity if you see a 22 inch lcd fro like 400 bucks, then you see one somewhere else for 800 bucks trust me the extra cash goes a longg way in terms of picture quality.

Well, technically speaking, lower resolutions give you a higher performance. However, I would rather have a better picture and suffer a few FPS with a higher res. than to have more FPS but worse picture quality on a lower res.

Then again, if you try to set your monitor higher than what it is meant for, it will look bad.

Pretty much depends on the size of your screen... for the most part :)

Also if you minimize a lot while gaming its smart to keep your desktop resolutions and gaming resolutions the same trust me the minimizing time will go down a considerable amount.

dude, get a 22" and run around in 1680x1050, you will be freaking blown away compared to your normal 800 reso, haha, way more pixels making the picture, hence more detail in smaller area of the screen, therefore clearer crisper picture, and also being able to fit more on the screen... unless you are playing diablo 2.... then you are limited to 800x600 no matter what, haha, does anyone know if you can download a patch for that to make it go whatever reso you want? =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom