Gaming and resolution???

Status
Not open for further replies.

shan1784

In Runtime
It seems that alot of people like to game at a higher resolution. Why is this? I have always been limited to 800x600 or 640x480 (if you can believe that) due to my crappy laptop.

Now I have a new build capable of handling higher resolutions but the highest I have gone so far is 1024x768... Anything higher and I don't see much of a difference in the picture.

I have an old Viewsonic E771 17" monitor. Would I see a difference on a lcd flat screen, wide-screen perhaps???

I use my native resolution, whatever it is.

Once you move from a CRT to a decent LCD, you'll never go back.

Yes, you would see a difference. And you should since you have a pretty good system. Especially that 8800GTS.

You can get a nice LCD for like $160-180. Heres a suggestion, that will fit that system:
Newegg.com - Hanns·G HW-191DPB Black 19" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 700:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

Thanks for the suggestion.. I was leaning that way, not just for gaming but trying to gain some room back on my desk. Went from laptop to this huge box sitting in front of me...

heh...I went from two 30lb CRTs to an almost weightless LCD....I feel like I'm advertising a dieting program or something. Now I can put more junk on my desk.

See, that is what I'm talking about... Games, to me, look good at that resolution... What is the purpose of going higher... Do you see more, is it clearer?

Yes it's clearer, yes you see more.....but the reason they may not look better to you is because your monitor is an old school 17'' crt ;)

I swear, I've been out of the game so long I feel like I've been in a coma and just now waking to all kinds of new stuff out there..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom