Gaming problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
95c-100c is a bit excessive. Did you have the fan cranked up? It's been a while since I used ATITool for fan control (as my card has a 120mm fan running 1005 on it 24/7), but here is the page on it.

i went into CCC and cranked it up to 100% on the overdrive mode, gpu-z stated that the fan speed was 50%-65% thats about that

currently my gpu is idel at 77c / 78c at 20% fan speed

i'm thinking of getting rid of the card under warranty and getting one that has lower temps

Artic Cooling's Accelero S1 Rev. 2 is great, especially when paired with a 120mm case fan (attached with zip ties). Using one myself.

I can't find that one on eBuyer or Scan, but I did find this one:
Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo Graphics Card Cooler - Ebuyer

Maybe Scan has something, but their site is bloody slow.

[EDIT] finally...

AC-S1 v2 - Arctic Cooling Accelero AC-S1 rev 2 Radical high performance passive cooler x4 heatpipes (4850) - Scan.co.uk - just add fan.

The Twin Turbo is £26.44 Inc VAT on Scan.
[/EDIT]

I think personally its to late you might have damaged the card. I think you should replace it. What version of chipset drivers are you using? The latest is 9.0.0.1008 And can be downloaded from here.  INF Update Utility - Primarily for Intel® 4, 3, 900 Series Chipsets . To install that I would remove the old chipset driver package and ATI drivers install that driver then the latest ATI driver if that didn't help RMA the card.

^^ I would RMA the card over getting a after market heatsink.

i'm thinking of taking it back under the warretny i would have a 25% restock charge but i should get £100 back off it (payed £123 for it)

so i would just go buy a new one then i could get a 4870x2 or a 295 with a aftermarket fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom