gaming problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey im renting this computer from Aarons i can go back and trade it before i upgrade anything i can get a pen4 but the thing is that most that i saw have intergrated cards in them so this computer blows huh? well i need some ideas of what i can do what would be the best option should i go trade this one for a pen4? or what?

If your going to game, go for an AMD Athlon 64 CPU. And please dont complain about clock speeds, AMD does more per clock cycle. For instance, 3200+ (2.0 ghz) > P4 3.6ghz. What is your budget?

And yes, integrated gfx blow with a gale force wind

Yes. At least definitely for gaming.

Tells us your choices of what computer you could get from this place, and we'll help you decide.

Heyyo,

Indeed, buying a PCI videocard won't do much more than the current intergrated wich is pure lame.

Now, for a playable experience with medium/low graphics you'll need to definately get at least a 9600 pro/fx5700 (bare minimum I'm saying here) so anything higher than those 2 is a good idea.

Now, not all nvidia's suck. Just their FX lineup and the MX lineup (minus the geforce2 mx220, that one was pretty decent for its time).

BF2 is EXTREMELY pick on hardware, so I doupt that PCI vidcard would even load the game. HL2 is very laxed. Valve did do an incredible job with good gfx and being able to play the games even on low-end systems. So gj valve.. now fix your netcodes for css and overall source-engine. Oh, also nice to see VAC2 finally coming out. Cheaters be banned again. :)

i had a choice of pen4 and compaqs that about it well my computer tech friend said that if i get atleast a 256mb pci video card and some more ram that my processor would play games fine maybe not BF2 becaus eit still has bugs but i am probably getting a really tight as job next week fat pay and i will probably get an alienware so i don't have any problems with a damn game again

Sorry, but ur friend doesnt no sh*t. 1st of all, a PCI card sucks so much that its hardly an improvment over integrated gfx. a PCI card isnt powerful enough to take advantage of 256MB of memory. Keep in mind that ammount of VRAM doesnt affect performance that much except on highest end cards.

Dont go Alienware, they will waste a LOT of ur money, they charge a huge premium. You are much better building it urself

Yeah I have a problem starting up the game. It will start up, but after the two movies it says msxl 4.0 isn't installed right. I looked up how to fix this problem and went through the steps and attempted to finish the installation, but then another message appears. It says
An error has occurred durring the installation of assenbly 'Microsoft MSXML.2,publicKey Token="6bd6b9abf 345378f",version="4.1.0.0", type="win32", processorArchitechture="x86"'. Please refer to help and support for more information. HRESULT.0X80070002.
But I don't see anything inhelp and support that mentions that sort of message. Can anyone make sense of this babble because I am at wit's end here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom