gaming problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

doug420

Baseband Member
i have a 2.6 celeron processor im getting a 256mb PCI video card and maybe a stick of 512 DDR Ram does anyone know if it will run BF2

um PCI cards have really low bandwidth...not to mention your 2.6 celeron is VERY weak at games

and for optimized performance, you're gonna need a gig of ram

if you have a AGP slot, then be prepared to spend at least $300 on a 6800GT for decent graphics, or if you just wanna play it on low, then you're gonna have to spend at least $150 on a 6600GT

6600GT will play the game on high for the main part

Anyways, with PCI's bandwidth it's going to be bad

well I don't have a AGP Slot thats y i need a good PCI Card
Why is my processor so Weak

or what about HL2 do u think it will play that im looking for a good FPS online that i will be able to have no problems with?

Well they don't really make any PCI cards nowadays that are capable of running HL2, even on low. So I suggest you look into getting a whole new comp, or at least getting a new MoBo with an AGP or PCI-E slot.

I believe they make an FX 5700 LE PCI card...but as we all know, the nvidia FX cards blow, and anything with LE on it blows as well.

As for CPU, you have a 2.6ghz Celeron. Celerons are stripped down CPUs, not as good as the higher end Pentiums (im going 2 leave AMD out of this one). There are specific differences, but to keep it simple, celerons suck. Most people here have a very low opinion of celerons.

a 2ghz P4 would prolly be better than a 2.8gh celeron.

I suggest doing a complete rebuild. Start from the ground up

good call on the rebuild the system in question doesnt even come close to being ready to play any current or future fsp he be better of starting over.... can get into a 3.0 p4 system for less then $500 that can be upgraded as you go with agp options...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom