GAMING: PC vs 360 vs ps3 vs wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenDragon

Solid State Member
what would be the best overall?

im really mixed between xbox 360 and ps3, i want to play halo 3 on xbox live and all, but my fav game series MGS4 is a ps3 exclusive (mabye?)

im also deeply considering a new computer for gaming, but why spend so much more on a computer, when somthing much cheaper is specifically designed for games?

Personally, I dont think 400 - 600 is really cheap for anything, but the amount of stuff that can be done with a pc, plus the fact that I prefer the mouse and keyboard I think justifies the extra 200 - 300 dollars for a decent gaming pc.

ANNND, I dont feel that having to pay money to play games online should really be. I mean, if xbox live were free, or just like 5 bucks a month, I would jump on a 360... But I prefer to play games I have bought for free online.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f14/gaming-system-should-i-purchase-148995/

This thread has a lot of traffic talking about a similar question (BEWARE: fanboyism is present)

My preference personally is PC > 360 > PS2/Wii > PS3

I too want MGS4, but being that it's the only game that interests me, I don't want to pay for the PS3. 360 is getting a 50 dollar price cut on August 12 (all versions), which is always good. PS3 has a lot of features, but they are not necessary and that is what makes them expensive.

I would go more in depth but I'm really tired right now.

The problem with pcs is that when people come over you can't play against them when they're there. That, for me, is the main point of a console.

Personally, I dont think 400 - 600 is really cheap for anything, but the amount of stuff that can be done with a pc, plus the fact that I prefer the mouse and keyboard I think justifies the extra 200 - 300 dollars for a decent gaming pc.

ANNND, I dont feel that having to pay money to play games online should really be. I mean, if xbox live were free, or just like 5 bucks a month, I would jump on a 360... But I prefer to play games I have bought for free online.

Xbox live IS 5 bucks a month. I havent had my xbox out of its box in over 2 years yet i still have xbox live :( Every december i get a reminder that i renewed my live account for 60 bucks. I should get around to taking care of that.

Ever heard of LAN?

Yeah...lets just get everyone to unhook, load up their towers, keyboards, mouse, monitor, cables, ect...then reset it all back up on the other side...that's totally comparable to picking up a controller and playing...

LAN is not at all the same as playing multiplayer on a console. Also, both people have to have the game, which sucks. Plus, both people have to have a gaming PC.

Xbox live IS 5 bucks a month. I havent had my xbox out of its box in over 2 years yet i still have xbox live :( Every december i get a reminder that i renewed my live account for 60 bucks. I should get around to taking care of that.

Oh boy, Ive been out of it. I guess I thought it was still 15...

I guess Im getting a 360 :D.

well, i would say 360 has won the counsel war. And why would u spend 600$ for a PS3 with no good games out (and if there are good games, its out for 360 too)
when u can build a good gaming PC for 600$ and play great games.
360>wii>PS3

Oh boy, Ive been out of it. I guess I thought it was still 15...

I guess Im getting a 360 :D.

When was it 15 a month? I've had xbox live since before the 360 came out, and always paid yearly so i could be wrong and only have the low end live. Theres a gold version now correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom