Gaming PC help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I don't know much about computers. The Ibuy power link you posted doesn't work and the Dell one doesn't have anything in the cart.

ncix.com is a good site for us in Canada. You can also pay 50$ their to have them assemble your PC. However dont use the PC builer, add everything to your cart than pay for them building it, and this way you get the sale prices.

Tigerdirect.ca is also great in Canada

And honestly, that PC would struggle with Half Life 1

I have checked out TigerDirect, and I may again sometime. Right now I need some help picking a processor from ncix.com.

Ok, I have checked out ncix.com. These are the parts I picked, tell me if they will be able to run Half-Life 2. If they don't, can you give me a few auggestions for parts that will allow me to run those games, that aren't too expensive.

Video Card - GEFORCE 6600 GT
Hard Drive - SEAGATE 80GB HARD DRIVE
CPU - INTEL PENTIUM 4 3.0 GHZ
RAM - SAMSUNG 512MB
PSU - SPARKLE 300W ATX POWER SUPPLY P4 READY 120MM SILENT FAN 18A 12V
Mother Board - INTEL D865PERL ATX P4 S478 865PE DUAL DDR AGP8X 5PCI SATA SOUND MOTHERBOARD

Also if there are any other parts that I have chosen that you would like to know just ask.

Yeah it would be able to, but the AMD processors peform much better and gaming.

I would also recomend the thermaltake td-420AD for 55$ from ncix as well.

Make sure the video card is also compatable with the motherboard, their are AGP versions and PCI-E versions of it.

Ok, thanks. I know basicly nothing to do with computer hardwae so thanks for the help. Could you suggest a AMD processor?

bump!

Coulc somebody suggest a AMD CPU that would play Half-Life 2. I don't want to pay a fortune though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom