Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

zykon

Solid State Member
Hello
I am about to get a new pc built for me but i am finding it extemly hard to pick the components for the pc as their is so much choice. i will be using this new pc for games mostly. I was just wondering what you guys would recommend for the motherboard, processor, RAM and everything else. The price i am looking to pay for the computer is between 900-1000 pounds so that would be about 1,598.14 to 1,775.71 dollars
Any help would b much appreciated.

I recommend you look for.....

An AMD64 3200 or above CPU

2x512mb of DDR400, Corsair, OCZ, GeIL and Crucial all make great RAM ;)

For the video card you'll want atleast a 9800 Pro, though I would recommend you look into a 6800GT or X800 Pro

Any name brand 8mb cache, 7200rpm Harddrive will be good.

You'll want atleast a 420 watt name brand Power supply for your case;)

Hope that helps alittle, any questions just ask;)

Sounds good, except don't even think about getting the X800 Pro, which is probably the crappiest card available for the money. Get the 6800GT, it will allow you to turn all your graphics up to the max without lag. If you can't afford a 6800GT, get a 9800 Pro.

Thanks for the advice
Would u suggest that i splash out a little extra cash for a AMD64 is AMDs 64-bit. also what motherboard would you suggest i got 4
Thanks

ignore last post
thanks for the advice
Would you recommend that i slaph out a bit of extra cash on a AMD 64 FX 53. also what motherboard would you recommend.
Thanks

Nah, the FX-53 is too overpriced, so stay away from it unless you have enough left after the rest of the components;)

As for a Mobo, can't specifly tell you a model, but ASUS and Abit make the best boards for AMD64's ;)

Owhh and off topic: Hey Beedubya, I respect that you hate ATi and all, but do you have to absolutly spread that hatred into EVERY SINGLE thread that even has the word X800 in it? Put it in your sig or something, because it is so unbelieably tiring hearing your same old opinion thread after thread:p If you hate ATi and think their stuff is crap, thats fine, but stop spreading it in every thread please:confused:

K thanks this is what i am looking at so far

AMD Athlon 64 3700+
ASUS K8V-SE Deluxe Motherboard
ATI RADEON 9800 Pro (128 MB)
2x 512 Corsair Memory at 400MHz
Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Plus, 160 GB Hard drive
Q - tec 450 watt power supply
Philips Sonic Edge 5.1 PCI Sound Card
LG (GSA4120B) DVD±RW Burner.

What do u think of this system and is their anything u recommend that i change. Also i am having a few cash flow troubles so i doubt i will have this computer before christmas so do u think this computer will still b up their or are there new processors coming out?
Thanks for all the help
Zykon

zykon said:

AMD Athlon 64 3700+

What do u think of this system and is their anything u recommend that i change. Also i am having a few cash flow troubles so i doubt i will have this computer before christmas so do u think this computer will still b up their or are there new processors coming out?
Thanks for all the help
Zykon

There are new CPU's coming out, but that will only lower the price of that system;)

The Merlin said:
Nah, the FX-53 is too overpriced, so stay away from it unless you have enough left after the rest of the components;)

As for a Mobo, can't specifly tell you a model, but ASUS and Abit make the best boards for AMD64's ;)

Owhh and off topic: Hey Beedubya, I respect that you hate ATi and all, but do you have to absolutly spread that hatred into EVERY SINGLE thread that even has the word X800 in it? Put it in your sig or something, because it is so unbelieably tiring hearing your same old opinion thread after thread:p If you hate ATi and think their stuff is crap, thats fine, but stop spreading it in every thread please:confused:

Sorry. The only reason is I am angry because of the mass amount of money I spent on it. I have made my point now and will quit the ATI bashing.

zykon said:

AMD Athlon 64 3700+

Thanks for all the help
Zykon

I think everything looks pretty good for gaming. If you wanted to spare a bit of money, you could probably cut the size of the HD down to 120GB or even 80GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom