Gaming Keyboards

Extreme112

In Runtime
In your guys opinion, do you think gaming keyboard really enhance a gaming experience? The Logitech g110 is on sale where I live for $70 including taxes. But Im not really sure if I should just stick w/ my regular keyboard that works fine.
What do you guys think?

Peripherals are all personal preference but I think one thing we can all agree on is a mouse will improve your gaming experience more than a keyboard.

It depends on the featured you would use and want.
Most games require only a normal keyboard to play, anything extra is luxury. If you want that luxury, it will cost you in currency.
For me, I game in the dark a lot. A lighted keyboard is a must, and the keys must feel decent and be able to withstand many keystrokes because I played games involving mass amounts of keystrokes, and I type a lot so all keys get a workout.

In short, buy it if you think it offers something that you believe the $70 premium is worth in terms of gaming performance gains or other features.

Peripherals are all personal preference but I think one thing we can all agree on is a mouse will improve your gaming experience more than a keyboard.

Yep I do have a gaming mouse. Which is way better than just a regular mouse. So after some thinking I might not get it. I dont really need extra buttons for gaming but the lighted keys certainly look cool.
Thank You guys for your input.

You can get a cheaper keyboard with backlighting. That is the only thing that could really matter in a keyboard besides if you have a personal preference like me to laptop styled keys.

One thing I want to ask is have you considered a mechanical keyboard, there are so many I would recommend over the Logitech keyboards.

Not really.. nothing like a good mouse will. A well layed out keyboard with macro keys can be beneficial in MMO's particularly but for FPSs not really. A good comfortable keyboard is nice in that it allows you to play and type longer with less strain.

In your guys opinion, do you think gaming keyboard really enhance a gaming experience? The Logitech g110 is on sale where I live for $70 including taxes. But Im not really sure if I should just stick w/ my regular keyboard that works fine.
What do you guys think?

I just bought the G110 this week....it is on sale at Tiger Direct for $50

I cant wait to get it....

Here is the link below
Logitech Gaming Keyboard G110 - USB, 12 Programmable G-keys, Removable Palm Rest, Intelligent Cable Management, Media Access at TigerDirect.com

This is for sure better than a regular keyboard.....has macro keys ect.

I would get the one Whirlwind linked. I have a precursur to it called the G11, which actually has 18 programmable keys. I don't need them, but they come in handy every once and a while. I like how the keys light up, and it is more sturdy than a regular keyboard. A mouse is definitely much more worth it than the keyboard, but for $50-$70, it will last you a good while. I wouldn't get any of those super fancy ones with a screen, but there are a few people out there that think it is worth it.

When I look at cost nowdays, I tend to compare stuff to alcohol. If I really wanted to, I could spend $50-$70 at a bar in one night. You add in cab fare and all that, the keyboard, which will last years, is cheaper. That is the only good thing about how expensive a night at the bar can be, it makes everything else seem a lot cheaper lol.

I would get the one Whirlwind linked. I have a precursur to it called the G11, which actually has 18 programmable keys. I don't need them, but they come in handy every once and a while. I like how the keys light up, and it is more sturdy than a regular keyboard. A mouse is definitely much more worth it than the keyboard, but for $50-$70, it will last you a good while. I wouldn't get any of those super fancy ones with a screen, but there are a few people out there that think it is worth it.

When I look at cost nowdays, I tend to compare stuff to alcohol. If I really wanted to, I could spend $50-$70 at a bar in one night. You add in cab fare and all that, the keyboard, which will last years, is cheaper. That is the only good thing about how expensive a night at the bar can be, it makes everything else seem a lot cheaper lol.

We use the same math, cheers

Back
Top Bottom