Gaming Keyboard question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
I am looking to get a new keyboard and I play alot of FPS games. I was wondering if you guys have preferences to any particular gaming kayboards?
I was looking at the Saitek II keyboard and possibly the logitech G15. Do you guys have any recommendations on these or other keyboards?

Also, I am interested in getting a new mouse. Rcommendations would be great here also.

Razer!!!

They are the best for gaming mice. Not that expensive for the best quality.

They also have keyboards. The Tarantula.

Razer Tarantulaâ„¢ Gaming Keyboard | Programmable Keyboard | Backlit Gaming Keyboard

the Lycosa

Razer Lycosaâ„¢ Gaming Keyboard | Programmable Keyboard | Backlit Gaming Keyboard

As for mice go with the Lachesis

Razer Lachesisâ„¢ Gaming Mouse | Programmable Mouse | 4000dpi 3G Laserâ„¢ sensor

By far the best gaming mouse out there. 4000DPI with adjustable sensativity on the fly there is nothing better.

Best Keyboard is probably the Logitech G15 with the most unique LCD screen that can be programmed to provide a variety of tasks

I disagree with the previous replyer in terms of the best mice. Razer mice are probably the best ambidextrous mice, but really a right hand designed mouse like the G5 is definately better for purely right hand users because its designed to fit your hand better. Just try each one out in some retail store, the most important thing is comfort then performance ( cause who wants to use a mouse they dont feel comfortable with ). 4000 dpi is way too much and you really only need half that amount. The g5 also offers customizable weight tray so you can adjust the mouse sensitivity, on the fly sensitivity adjustment like all the rest, plus anti grease material construction ( sorta feels like the rubber on a mountain boot ) and a braided cord that doesn't get tangled as easily. Plus it has huge skates that can last like 150km or whatever ridiculous figure they give on their website...so ill put in a vote over Logitech for best computer accessories maker over Razer.

I have used mice tailored specifically toward right handed users before i got my Razer. The Razer is far more comfortable. The surface allows you hand to jsut rest on there nicely without the strain of having to have your hand curved to fit the mouse. You can just lay your hand on there nice and relaxed and it fits perfectly over the mouse.

4000SPI isnt too much. It depends on teh user and gaming style. It also has adjustable settings so that you can have it toned down to 1600DPI or whatever you wish.

Just like you state about the programming of the G15 the Razer keyboard can be fully programmed for specific games to have the whole keyboard programmed to specific fucntions. The lycosa can also do Macros for several functions to be performaned at once.

I have used several keyboards/mice combinations over the years. By far the Razer mouse is the most comfortable mouse i have ever used. Even beyond those Logitech mice. Each person has their own opinions on what is best for them. Not many people know of Razer, espically in teh states cause they didnt get over here till a couple of years ago after Logitech has been around since basically the start of PC's.

If you have tried any Razer products you would see that their design and functionality is far greater than that of Logitech.

4000 DPI is definitely not too much. I'm running the lachesis, and I'm a bit disappointed it doesn't go to 5000 DPI lol. I'm so used to 4000 I feel I could handle faster.

I've owned both the G15, and now the lycosa, and my personal experience with the lycosa is much more positive than the G15. That's not to say the G15 is a bad keyboard, it isn't. I just think The lycosa is one step ahead. They keys have great response and a nice feel to them, and the programming utility is a piece of cake. On the other hand, I never liked the feel of the G15's keys much.

The LCD is virtually useless. It was useful for the first couple weeks that I built my PC because I could display temps and info while overclocking and all that, but after you get everything overclocked and stable, there's no need to bother :/
As far as the info it displays for any games.. It isn't very useful. 9 out of 10 times, the info itself is already displayed on screen in some form or another, and while you're fighting or whatever, you don't really want to be looking away from the screen at the small LCD on the keyboard anyway.
All that being said, there is a really handy winamp application for it that can show all the track and artist info, as well as little visualizations. That's about it.

Anyway +1 for Razer products. The G15 is a good keyboard, but I like the lycosa more :p I don't think I'll ever use a non razer mouse again. Unless something better is released of course, but IMHO there isn't anything yet.

Well, while io am interested in those razer keyboards. I am also very interested in the Saitek II keyboards.. how do they stack up ?

I had the saitek I before the G15, before the lycosa, and It's my second favorite keyboard.
The build and functionality between I and II are almost Identical. The only differences being that the saitek II has 3 different backlight colors instead of 1, and it has media keys.

The saitek is IMHO not a gaming keyboard. So I'd say it's a bit unfair to compare it with the razer, or even the G15. It just doesn't have any of the functionality.

It's a normal keyboard with backlighting and media keys.

I say it's my 2nd favorite because the saitek keyboards are built like brick ****-houses. Sturdy little buggers. And the feel/quietness of the tactile keys is awesome.

If you want gaming keyboard from saitek look at the Cyborg. I've never seen or used it IRL so I can't say much about it. At first I thought it was ugly as sin, but it kinda grew on me. was thinkin about getting it to try it out. It look's pretty interesting.
Cyborg Keyboard

they also launched the cyborg command unit, which is a cool little gamign extention to go with the keyboard.
Cyborg Command Unit
That unit actually looks pretty cool XD

I have used mice tailored specifically toward right handed users before i got my Razer. The Razer is far more comfortable. The surface allows you hand to jsut rest on there nicely without the strain of having to have your hand curved to fit the mouse. You can just lay your hand on there nice and relaxed and it fits perfectly over the mouse.

4000SPI isnt too much. It depends on teh user and gaming style. It also has adjustable settings so that you can have it toned down to 1600DPI or whatever you wish.

Just like you state about the programming of the G15 the Razer keyboard can be fully programmed for specific games to have the whole keyboard programmed to specific fucntions. The lycosa can also do Macros for several functions to be performaned at once.

I have used several keyboards/mice combinations over the years. By far the Razer mouse is the most comfortable mouse i have ever used. Even beyond those Logitech mice. Each person has their own opinions on what is best for them. Not many people know of Razer, espically in teh states cause they didnt get over here till a couple of years ago after Logitech has been around since basically the start of PC's.

If you have tried any Razer products you would see that their design and functionality is far greater than that of Logitech.

I guess it all comes down to subjective opinions then, even though I truly believe a mouse designed for only right handed people IS more comfortably then a mouse designed to accomidate both. I have tried many Razer products and still share my opinion on which design and functionality is better ( Logitechs ). Besides our opinions, I guess now I only have far more professional reviewers favoring Logitech products and superior sales :(

I'm with Gabb on the mouse. Right-handed mice are far more comfortable than ambidextrous mice (assuming your right-handed). I recommend the Logitech G5 (revised model with two side mouse buttons).

As for keyboards, the Saitek Eclipse II is a nice sturdy board with very nice backlighting as well as three different colors, very comfortable, and not at a bad price (around $50 bucks on the web, newegg has it at that price as well). It lacks programmability but if your like me and don't give a rat's a** about that it's a great board if you want quality at a good price.

Logitech G15 is nice but the LCD is too low resolution for it to be really sleek IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom