Games and Twitch streams stutter ! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Gaming > PC Gaming
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2017, 05:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Games and Twitch streams stutter !

So I've been having this problem for a while now and I still have not found the fix for it so I've come here again to this forum so you guys can maybe help me out. When I am watching streams on Twitch or just Youtube gameplay videos in general and when playing any sorts of games even Runescape or Call of duty 2 I experience frame jumping, stuttering, juddering and the video is just not smooth like it should've been even though I have a fairly decent computer rig. This happens in almost all of the games that I've played/tried.

Examples of the temperatures are about 35 degrees or less when nothing is running, 40 degrees when chrome and hearthstone are running, 55+ degrees when multiple tabs are open with Twitch streams and hearthstone in the background. The temperatures of the CPU seem quite normal to me since I have a stock cooler. I've also re-applied thermal paste multiple times but that did nothing.

The drivers of the graphics card should not be the problem as well since I've tried quite a lot stuff including rolling the drivers back to previous versions, re-installing the drivers, downloading drivers from nvidia official website and from ASUS website since I have an ASUS GTX 970 STIX, trying downloading and installing drivers through nvidia geforce experience, re-installing windows etc...

I remove all the dust from the computer parts once a month or even once every 14 days but that really depends.

V-Sync does help a bit in games but the problem is still there. If I have my V-Sync enabled I experience mouse input lag and I feel like everything is just so much slower when I move my camera around. I've tried lowering the graphical settings of the games that I've played and the problem still persists,

A thing to note is that under load my graphics card does produce weird buzzing/beeping noise which is most likely coil whine that should not affect the performance of the card.

Remember though that when I use Fraps the FPS counter shows that I'm running games ABOVE 60 FPS or even above 150 FPS in some cases but the problem somehow still occurs and it feels like I'm playing below 60 FPS. The problem gets reduces when I'm in a certain room/place for a long time.

I also tried moving my computer outside of the case since I thought that could be the issue because the only thing I did not replace when I got my new computer was the case.

So if you guys could give me some suggestions on what I should try next that would really be appreciated. ANYTHING helps ! It really annoys be because since I got this computer I couldn't play a single game without being frustrated about the mentioned issue and it is really making me depressed because I've paid 800$ for this computer and I can't even play a game like Runescape normally :/

Here are some EXAMPLES of what I'm talking about:

another example of the problem that I was describing above.

again the same problem but a little bit less severe but it still makes games not playable for me.

Old 04-23-2017, 10:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: Games and Twitch streams stutter !

Check your RAM usage while you're playing. Youtube videos are usually buffered into RAM as are Twitch streams and if you're watching while playing a game RAM could be capped causing the streams to move to pagefile which could cause the stutter.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
Check your RAM usage while you're playing. Youtube videos are usually buffered into RAM as are Twitch streams and if you're watching while playing a game RAM could be capped causing the streams to move to pagefile which could cause the stutter.
I checked the RAM usage and it hovers at around 4-5GB depending on the game. Thank you so much for helping me though I really do appreciate it.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Build Guru

Yea, but how much is the commit charge?

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
The strange one

In the Nvidia control panel, under Manage 3D settings and under the Global tab set "Multi-display acceleration" to Multiple display performance mode

http://i.imgur.com/mCcBni6l.png

Tags
cpu, games, gpu, graphics card, processor