games running smooth on a 7900GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Im just bought a BFG 7900GS OC.
I just need to know what current game sit will be able to play with decent FPS on settings all maxed out or close to being maxed out. Im not sure what the Avg FPS should be for games.
Im mainly concerned about action shooter games like Call of Juarez, F.E.A.R, hl2, Far Cry. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Thanks

Im just bought a BFG 7900GS OC.
I just need to know what current game sit will be able to play with decent FPS on settings all maxed out or close to being maxed out. Im not sure what the Avg FPS should be for games.
Im mainly concerned about action shooter games like Call of Juarez, F.E.A.R, hl2, Far Cry. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Thanks

Ya you should be able to play all those games listed with decent fps, except stalker, stalker is almost as demanding as oblivion but not quite

I have the EVGA 7900GS and I can run all of those games that you have.

Stalker actually runs quite nicely on my 3800+ :D

so yes, you will be able to run those games :) and very nicely I might add :D

Stalker is not as demanding as Oblivion... not even close.

You dont want to play that game though... 40 hours of boring and a few hours of action. Ugh... all that game proved was why the current FPS model (linear) works so well.

Thanks for the reply...
what score are you getting on your 7900gs? (3dmark06)
and while playing these games what should the average fps be for each of these games?
For resolution i might just stick with 1024X768 or 1280 X1024.
And if you could give me the exact settings you are currently using for STALKER.
If they have a demo ill get that first before purchasing the game.

I haven't run 3dmark on my computer, and I have uninstalled STALKER since I never play it anymore, but I can tell you I run BF2 on 1280x1024 with medium to high settings and get a goo 50-60 FPS, and I could probably do better with some more RAM and a new Proc.

I can run WoW on 1680x1050 all settings Maxed (including anti-aliasing) and it will rarely drop below 50 FPS.

I can run Oblivion smoothly, of course the settings are nowhere near high, but It is still beautiful, and you will have a great time with it :D

HL2 and Far Cry are a joke for my rig, so I imagine that you won't have any trouble with them either. Then again, I OC the **** out of everything I get lol.

Overall, your card will be able to run any game you throw at it, and it will run well, just some (oblivion) will have to be toned down... no big deal to me :D

Have fun :D

hah, when you over clock your gfx card cpu and ram, did you buy additional parts to cool it down. I dont have much, just an eMachines T6420, im trying to upgrade it abit but i dont think it has oclocking potenial. i used ntune when i had my 7600gt. the did the 3hrs tune thing and it increased some stats, but that lowered my 3dmark06 scored by 900. I've heard about volt mod, but i dont wanna risk frying anything. i dont mind overclocking everything a bit...not to the max.
And about Stalker is it worth getting? i rather play games where its more human than monsters.
But i migh give it a try

I'm all on stock cooling, but it is possible that it's harder for you to overclock since you have a factory computer.

You'll be fine with just your 7900GS stock... it's a great card :)

Stalker is not as demanding as Oblivion... not even close.

You dont want to play that game though... 40 hours of boring and a few hours of action. Ugh... all that game proved was why the current FPS model (linear) works so well.

Im sorry but you should check system requirements lab, the recommended for oblivion is half the requirements for stalker, the processor is also recommended 2.2 for stalker and only 2.0 for oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom