Games - I want your zombie shooter sugestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kharn

Lord Techie,
OK i love zombie films an for the last week or so I have been watching all the classics from George Romero of late and now I think its my turn to fend of the shuffling hoard myself. So not being much of a gamer I leave it up to you guy's to point me in the right direction, I don't want to play left for dead as I don't like steam games but anything else is welcome.

Might sound stupid but: Halo 2 for PC?
That has the flood in it, thats pretty fun.

I have clocked it numerous times, good suggestion but not what I am looking for, I am after a true zombie shooter as in dawn of the dead zombies etc, you know shuffling horde vs me an a boom stick.

I have clocked it numerous times, good suggestion but not what I am looking for, I am after a true zombie shooter as in dawn of the dead zombies etc, you know shuffling horde vs me an a boom stick.

If only they could make a great Dawn of the Dead game. Was Dead Rising ever made for PC? That was a similar concept.

You might want to look into L4D, it's just simply amazing.

Ethan. Think you might be interested in this.

We have a guy over at l4dmods.com (Darth_Brush) creating a fully custom campaign of Dawn of the Dead (04 remake). It was originally just the Mall for a HL2 mod that is now dead, so he has created a full campaign with chapters and more just for L4D. Custom music, textures, skins, sounds the lot. Its going to be simply epic.

Take a look ill think you'll be interested.

An old article on it
http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12:crossroadsmall&catid=2:news

Teaser Trailer
YouTube - Left 4 Dead Campaign - Dead before Dawn - The Dawn of the Dead Crossroads Mall

Latest walkthrough video (off anna's house and park, please note this is only a small part of just one chapter)
http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?op...id=55:new-dawn-of-the-dead-video&catid=2:news

OK i love zombie films an for the last week or so I have been watching all the classics from George Romero of late and now I think its my turn to fend of the shuffling hoard myself. So not being much of a gamer I leave it up to you guy's to point me in the right direction, I don't want to play left for dead as I don't like steam games but anything else is welcome.

Valves games though are a big source for zombie games or mods.

You have Zombie Panic: Source a modification for HL2/CSS in which a big group of survivors have to scavenge for ammo and weapons and survive together, its actually pretty hard. There are also objective maps in which for example : find the key to the basement - > return power to lab -> retrieve cure - > get to helipad and evacuate. If you are killed you simply become a zombie and have to stop them yourselves (in any game mode)

There is also the basic zombie mod for CSS which is still popular. Knife your opponent once to turn them into a zombie, as human you must barricade, hide and survive with others. There are HUNDREDS of custom maps that the community have created for this.

And of course the mother of all zombie games Left4Dead, i know you said your not interested. But you really are missing out. Especially the versus mode of it. And of course, the sheer amount of custom content the community will be able to create when valve release the L4D SDK.

Well my main problem with L4D is that is seems to much like like 28 day's later (great film) but they just don't seem to to fit into what I want to play, and it's a steem game and I refuse to install that to play a game.

I find it funny how no one seems to read what he said. He mentioned distinctly that he didnt want L4D / steam games ... and I think everyone here did nothing but mention them... but i digress...

What is your preference? Most of the classic zombie games tend to be quite old; I don't really think there are any new ones that hold a candle to the classics. Do you mind playing old games? Do you want a first person shooter? PC Only?

I don't want to play a game about how america won ww2 :rolleyes: to be able to play a single mission with nazi zombies.

I wouldn't mind playing older games, I picked up Day of the dead road to fiddlers green today at game station but I want more.

Oh an thanks for realising that I don't want steam games or L4D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom