Games - I want your zombie shooter sugestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guy's really I don't like steam, I hate it I shouldnt have to be forced to install a load of crap that I don't want to be able to play a game that should be stand alone. Steam should be optional not a pre requisit for playing a game.

Now let me get onto multi player, I don't like it when I play a game I want to play the game I don't want to go online locate a server with a decent ping log on an get owned by H4XOOR. When I play a game it's for the story an setting and mostly to be anti social, there are some games I am willing to play online but only now an then an non of them are all that common and I log in play for 20min get board an go find somthing else to do. More an more games are becoming geard towards the online atmospher and I don't like it.

Yeah you pretty much said everything I've been saying on these gaming forums for ages.

Although I have nothing against steam other than the fact that you need an internet connection to play non-internet games.

OK guy's really I don't like steam, I hate it I shouldnt have to be forced to install a load of crap that I don't want to be able to play a game that should be stand alone. Steam should be optional not a pre requisit for playing a game.

Now let me get onto multi player, I don't like it when I play a game I want to play the game I don't want to go online locate a server with a decent ping log on an get owned by H4XOOR. When I play a game it's for the story an setting and mostly to be anti social, there are some games I am willing to play online but only now an then an non of them are all that common and I log in play for 20min get board an go find somthing else to do. More an more games are becoming geard towards the online atmospher and I don't like it.

Hahaha. The online bit is quite funny, so you'd prefer to be automatically signed a server based in romania with a ping of 397ms than locate your own 100tick clan based, correct map, london based server ? :p and then if it has good admins you add it to your favourited. That way you can easily join it, and not get owned by a HAXOOR as you say it :laughing:

Im the total opposite it seems, i absolutely detest any game which does not let me find my own server.. l4d included.

You guys are behind with the times it seems.. one day you will discover the glorious world of superior online gameing.. only the very top games do people come back to play SP more than once, other than that they play the game and then go onto online where the real sense of achievment can be gained. Fighting real, intelligent and logical humans is vastly more fun than fighting a non existent form of intelligence which bases everything on the simple 1 and 0 which it understands.

Oreo - your missing the point I don't like online gaming at all. I don't like playing on a server because well I get ****ed off with all the snot nosed little brats playing a game with some god awful skin. I like to have a story an not just a tired old format of "BOOM HEAD SHOT"

I will never wake up to online gaming, I just don't like it even if that meens at the age of 60 I have to track down the parts to make a anchent computer to play DooM 3 on I will. I just don't like online games.

Well dead rising could be a good game. But it is not for PC. I have no clue besides Resident Evil what would be a good zombie game

Yeah, L4D's single player is really lame other than a tutorial to get you ready for online gaming. Some games are meant to be played online, including L4D. If you're worried about getting owned by good players I would say hook up with some players for campaign mode, which you all work as a team instead of against each other (which is what versus is for).

If you're not much of an online gamer than steam may only be a burden (other than buying stuff, which is great for me since I prefer downloading over driving to the store and installing with disks that can be lost or damaged; not to mention you can download your games on any computer with an internet connection) since it's just another app needed to run games, but for a social gamer like myself Steam is excellent in which it integrates a great buddy system with valve games to make online play more accessible (better than Xfire IMO, but more limited in terms of different games).

But you shouldn't hate steam, it's really helping the PC gaming industry, especially smaller developers who are releasing their stuff over steam. At least it's better than EA's SecuROM and activation crap.

Single player seems to be coming slowly more and more less important in video games. Looks at the single player story lines and the amount of time to beat them. Most are 8-10 hours and done. Look at the MP aspect and you will see a lot more effort has been put into it. Sucks for people that like the single player stuff. I personally will not purchase a game unless the MP is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom