A game that will make kids say "I want to be a US soldier someday"

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the worst game to infiltrate the gaming world are the Grand Theft Auto series. I mean, they basiclly tell you its good to kill cops!
If you're too stupid to differentiate between reality and a game that's entertainment then you have far greater problems to worry about than a game like GTA......GTA are some of the best games out there and I don't have an urge to kill cops , screw hookers in my car only to run out, beat them to death and take my money back :umm:

the "too stupid" comment is generalized so don't take it that I'm calling you personally, but yeaaah, there are way worse games than that....ever heard of manhunt.....parents were calling that game an 'instructional video game on how to kill"

if you're a good parent and raise your kids right, then you shouldnt have to worry about them taking a game seriously and getting ideas from it

Please lets not talk about how corrupt the US is and about politics I don't want to go there today.

I think these games might affect younger kids. I doubt it'll screw them anywhere as close to as having an abusive father :rolleyes:, but little kids prolly shouldn't play "violent" games.. I am sure everyones heard of stories about kids "immitating" wrestlers and causing "serious" injuries.. Even deaths. They don't become "psychopaths".. Just want to "do what they see on the screen"..

As for the armies. Yeah. Don't hate the armies. They are just doing their jobs. Sure there are bad apples.. Like that idiot Lynddie England. But for the most part, they are just doing a job that other people don't wanna do. And as regular citizens, I think people should respect the insititution which is the army..

The "administration" is of course something else :rolleyes:..

Nubius said:
If you're too stupid to differentiate between reality and a game that's entertainment then you have far greater problems to worry about than a game like GTA......GTA are some of the best games out there and I don't have an urge to kill cops , screw hookers in my car only to run out, beat them to death and take my money back :umm:

the "too stupid" comment is generalized so don't take it that I'm calling you personally, but yeaaah, there are way worse games than that....ever heard of manhunt.....parents were calling that game an 'instructional video game on how to kill"

if you're a good parent and raise your kids right, then you shouldnt have to worry about them taking a game seriously and getting ideas from it

trust me, i can differentiate between reality and a video game. I just do find GTA to be offensive, no matter how fun it is (and yes, i know its fun :) )

There was this one game, forget what it was called, where u play Lee Harvey Oswald and plot to assasinate JFK. There is something wrong with that

Yes, I play this game a lot. And it has been out for quite a bit. But it is a quality game, good gameplay, it's stable, and it promotes teamwork. I love it.

geez look what i started, well i dont hate the army, i guess. im actually for them going to iraq but i think its dumb to go to schools and try to recruit kids

where else are they going to get recruits? The world needs the military and if you don't join and I don't join and then the next guy and then next...there would be no military, right?

Military recruiters going to schools is very similar to career fairs or companies coming into colleges doing presentations.

The only thing I disagree with concerning their tactics is that they can interrupt a class time to do their presentation. (Anyone else notice how it's usually a math class they interrupt)

It would be better i believe if they had a separate place where people interested could go to learn about enlisting rather than interrupting a class of 30+ students.

Tyler1989 said:
Please lets not talk about how corrupt the US is and about politics I don't want to go there today.

The US is corrupt eh?

Everyone in the United States takes our government for granted.

Some of you may not like how some things are done...but seriously we dont commit genocide, keep the people away from doing what they want etc.

No wonder alot of people think young Americans are ignorant...because they act like it when it comes to government. Alot of people would do ANYTHING to live here.

Game Guru is right. The US has what is possibly the best government in the world. People just get so pissed off at indiviuals...say Bush, and then blame it on the whole government.

Think about it...systems of checks and balances...general living conditions of the country...America is truly a great place to live with a great government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom