Game Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

watchagonado

Baseband Member
I'm having this really anoying problem with every game I play so I know its not one specific games problem. Here's what happens:

Ill be playing a game when suddenly the game locks up and freezes and the last 1/5th of a second's sound plays over and over.
I've ruled out it being a sound problem because when I disable my sound card it still happens. I've ruled out it being a heat problem because in Half life 2 in Gary's mod I can make it lock up whenever I want just by making a ton of barrels and exploding them. I'm thinking its a graphics problem because whenever something graphic-intensive happens in a game it freezes. For instance: in world of warcraft if i fly on a gryphon into iron forge where there's a bunch of people and it has to load the environment very fast it almost always freezes. In counter- strike my comp freezes the fastest because theres a bunch of people shooting at the same time. In gary's mod for half life 2 spawning 20 exploding barrels and exploding them all at the same time it freezes 90 percent of the time. Can anyone shed some light on the subject? I really need to get this problem fixed.

System specs please.....! I think u hav a low spec graphic card or most probably a built-in.Update all of ur drivers(motherboard,card)and check the directx version u hav installed.

Yep it's a graphics problem

Graphics card / driver stuck in infinite loop.

Completly wipe out your current drivers and put new ones in. This often solves the issue if it's driver caused.

And steel, if he was using "built in" he wouldnt get past the loading screen for HL2

thanks for help guys
well my graphics card is indeed pretty out of date
128 Geforce4 4600 ti.
I'll try the driver solution but im sceptical because I rebooted my computer to solve the problem but It still happend
Looks like nvidia released new drivers about a week and a half ago so ill give them a try

btw my motherboard is an
ASUS A7V333 Socket A with a VIA kt333 chipset.
I read about someone else with this problem and someone referred them to the VIA forums so maybe the problem is with my chipset?
For the record I didnt always have this problem. It just came up about a month ago.

it may actually be overheating, as you say it happens when anything graphics intensive happens. this is when the card heats up. do you have any form of temperature monitoring on the card? anyone know if it has a sensor?

nah I don't think its heat in this instance. More likely a vid issue. I get that on a good system at times and its mostly caused by spysweeper and symantec av corp 9 activley scaning all open and in use files, if I kill those two aps it usually clears up. Could be a system memory problem too you might look at doing a mem diag just to rule that out. If all else fails a fresh install of the os and game may be the answer.

Already tried fresh installation of Windows and gams and that didn't work. It might be a heat issue because when i went to BIOS and to the CPU heat monitor it was overheated but I put it on ignore. Maybe this is the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom