Game Mods

No, i think your misunderstanding - I was having the error ( 1909 warning) just trying to download and open Winzip itself. I never actually got to the point of trying to download or open any mods from Nexus. The errors/warning or "difficulty" was in downloading and opening WinZip.

yes- will attempt this evening when I get home - I am just worried that I will get home and attempt those new downloads the same thing will happen. Apparently the 1909 warning is from a user defined setting error. IF that is what is wrong it is highly likely the 7zip or Winrar will fail as well. Something about Windows thinking my current user settings does not allow for the "right' to make a shortcut. So, the download wont have any place to go and it fails. However, I am logged in as an admin- yes I confirmed this.

yes- will attempt this evening when I get home - I am just worried that I will get home and attempt those new downloads the same thing will happen. Apparently the 1909 warning is from a user defined setting error. IF that is what is wrong it is highly likely the 7zip or Winrar will fail as well. Something about Windows thinking my current user settings does not allow for the "right' to make a shortcut. So, the download wont have any place to go and it fails. However, I am logged in as an admin- yes I confirmed this.
That does sound odd. Make a thread if you can't figure it out.

OK, got winwar and 7zip to download and open fine. Got the nexus mod manager and FOSE downloaded. Transferred FOSE mod files OK and Fallout3 opened fine. But , when I opened up my fallout3 it did not save my game ( no continue option highlighted) - I would have had to start a new game- does that sound right? Anyway - I deleted the mod files again and reopened FO3 and then had the option to "continue" again. I am 3/4 done with the game = so no biggie I am enjoying it "as is". I will try to mod Oblivion as I have not yet even started that game. My son thinks it may also be a Windows live thing- my fallout3 auto connects to "live" as it opens. I will make sure when I start to play Oblivion I am not connected to "live" .

OK, got winwar and 7zip to download and open fine. Got the nexus mod manager and FOSE downloaded. Transferred FOSE mod files OK and Fallout3 opened fine. But , when I opened up my fallout3 it did not save my game ( no continue option highlighted) - I would have had to start a new game- does that sound right? Anyway - I deleted the mod files again and reopened FO3 and then had the option to "continue" again. I am 3/4 done with the game = so no biggie I am enjoying it "as is". I will try to mod Oblivion as I have not yet even started that game. My son thinks it may also be a Windows live thing- my fallout3 auto connects to "live" as it opens. I will make sure when I start to play Oblivion I am not connected to "live" .
Some mods for certain games actually do break save files. Usually when I redo a game from scratch I start over so was never a problem for me. For some reason I thought you were going to mod Skyrim. Either way, I never use a mod manager.

I always start the game from a new install before I mod.

GTA IV can be a SoB...I had to reinstall the game twice.

Always back up your fies.

I always start the game from a new install before I mod.

GTA IV can be a SoB...I had to reinstall the game twice.

Always back up your fies.
I've had the same Skyrim install since day 1. I just keep overwriting and when I'm done just copy it back over to my server. GTA4 was a pita so I quit before I even got to see what worked.

well now I know - that is why I was messing around as a Newbee on this stuff. Did not care if I lost the game- want to be able to mod skyrim when I start playing that this summer. I am really enjoying Fallout3 - especially for cheap. I is concerning that I could not get winzip to load and open though. This win7 64bit Pro Os has been a bit funky since I put this rig together around Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom