Game Mods

I just found this thread on this site. How did I miss it all this time. Anyhow- I have recently purchased a bunch of older games ( fallout3, witcher, oblivion) - that all have cool mods for them- have tried to download the Nexus website stuff to download and use their mods. But, after joining the site, successfully downloading the file I cant get the file to open properly- keep getting a 1909 error. ( not sure on that number). any ideas on why I cant unzip the download ?

Ok just tried again- it is the winzip 16.5 download that fails- " (Warning 1909) could not create shortcut winpzip.lnk. verify the destination folder exists and that you can access it" window pops up a minute into the download of winzip. IT forces me to click "ok" on it, then an error code 2909.ixoShortcutPropertyCreate appears and the download shutsdown.

I am getting the winzip link from Nexus- so maybe that is the problem.

I just found this thread on this site. How did I miss it all this time. Anyhow- I have recently purchased a bunch of older games ( fallout3, witcher, oblivion) - that all have cool mods for them- have tried to download the Nexus website stuff to download and use their mods. But, after joining the site, successfully downloading the file I cant get the file to open properly- keep getting a 1909 error. ( not sure on that number). any ideas on why I cant unzip the download ?

Ok just tried again- it is the winzip 16.5 download that fails- " (Warning 1909) could not create shortcut winpzip.lnk. verify the destination folder exists and that you can access it" window pops up a minute into the download of winzip. IT forces me to click "ok" on it, then an error code 2909.ixoShortcutPropertyCreate appears and the download shutsdown.

I am getting the winzip link from Nexus- so maybe that is the problem.
Probably just found it because I just posted in it again yesterday showing a bold link in your browser.
Files from Nexus are always .rar or .7zip. You need to get WinRAR and 7zip to decompress these files.

Ok great- that still doesn't explain why the WinZip would not opening properly, but it probably solved my problem. Did some research and a few people felt that 1909 warning is due to the admin settings in windows - something about "read only". It will be interesting if the 7zip and the winwar also fail to open /download properly. I guess that will confirm that something is weirded out with my windows 7 64 but PRO- heh!! have had numerous unusual problems with this build since onset. I am now wondering if the initial win7 load did not work well.

Back
Top Bottom