Game moding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arhanghelul

Solid State Member
Hello,i opend this topic becouse i would like to start to mod games and need someone to help me with tips and info.This includes grafix advice too,maybe we could even team up in a project i would like to start.My project is to make a mod for sudden strike 2 if you know the game.

Thank you for your time
Arhanghelul :D

Pls dont write with shortend words what is sdk? There are some tools,yes if that's what u mean

Ohh i nearly forgot,makeing some own tools would be nice too if some of u know programing or changeing the game code itself wuthout a tool.

Thanks you for your time
Arhanghelul

woot6600GT said:
Well, is there an SDK available? To mod, you need the right tools.

That's not true. Not true at all. All you need are renders you can download for the game specifically, or make your own. Usually add them to base/models folder. Program in them, and you can model your own maps too.

A mod will often have more than just new maps & models- it will have a new soundtrack & sound effects, well thought-out storyline, and plently of engine tweaks hopefully- e.g: Doom 3's avatar movement is a little too slow-paced for, say, a Mortal Kombat mod or whatever. Therefore you'd have to tweak to engine to run at a much faster pace than it's default to give the player the fast feeling of a fighting game... Poor example I know, but an example :confused:

DoomUK said:
A mod will often have more than just new maps & models- it will have a new soundtrack & sound effects, well thought-out storyline, and plently of engine tweaks hopefully- e.g: Doom 3's avatar movement is a little too slow-paced for, say, a Mortal Kombat mod or whatever. Therefore you'd have to tweak to engine to run at a much faster pace than it's default to give the player the fast feeling of a fighting game... Poor example I know, but an example :confused:

Well most people don't know programming, or how to mod an engine. So I was trying to stay on there level :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom