Game like Rise of Nations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFargle

Linux / HPC / K8s SME
Staff member
I've been bored of most of my RTS games recently, and have gone back to Rise of Nations. I'm wondering if there's any newer game or any game that's more in depth that focuses a lot on expansion economically as well as politically. I'd really love a game like that. Thanks for any suggestions :thumbsup:

I've been bored of most of my RTS games recently, and have gone back to Rise of Nations. I'm wondering if there's any newer game or any game that's more in depth that focuses a lot on expansion economically as well as politically. I'd really love a game like that. Thanks for any suggestions :thumbsup:
Have you checked Civilization IV?
Civilization IV Review for PC - GameSpot

It's turned based.. I didn't like it. I always hear of how great of a game it is, but I just can't get that interested in a turn based RTS :(

Sins of a Solar Empire is a good one, but I want one more modern or even set in the past.. Anno 1404 was alright, but I didn't really get how to play it...
Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends just plain sucked :tongue:

Sins of a Solar Empire is a good one, but I want one more modern or even set in the past.. Anno 1404 was alright, but I didn't really get how to play it...
Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends just plain sucked :tongue:
Good luck with that mate, I'll keep looking around and post if I get any. Guess I'll take tips from this thread and maybe try out some games myself :).

Your best bet is to get supcom2 in march. It isn't super-eco based, but at least it has a normal economy unlike cnc4 or the dow2 expansion coming out in the same month.

I liked Supreme Commander 1.. Can't wait for that CnC4 beta! And what's the DoW II expansion? I really enjoyed DoWII, as well. I'm a fan of just about any RTS :tongue:

Try Seven Kingdoms, the original NOT the second one.

It's an old game, 1997 I think, but it's still one of the best RTSs I've ever played. The good thing with an RTS IMO is that you don't really need stunning graphics (think AOE one and two), and this game really delivers with great gameplay. I had tons of fun with this game
Seven Kingdoms Review for PC - GameSpot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom