Which game to get? MAss effect or farcry2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdon12

Baseband Member
all iv eheard about in mass efffect is great stuff, i saw gameplays of it and it looked awesome. Farcry 2 seems great also, my question is which game to get first? i am also considering Crysis of course it looks great but i dont think its really that Greats i mean the graphics are awesome but it doesnt seem to fun compared to farcry or masseffect i was heading towards masseffect but i already have fallout 3. im the type of person that likes to upgrades things and see my character improve and the abilities he gets over time, but i also love the open world and beautiful environment of Farcry 2. So which one to get? Btw does having to much games installed in your comp slow down your performance alot? and how much games at should i have installed at a time if it does affect it.
Is the online for farcry2 good?
i have a 2.2ghz quad core
8g ddr2 ram and 4870 512mb sapphire radeon

I got mass effect a few days ago and have had major issues with it even running, it keeps crashing. but that's probably just my computer. Anyway, i have played about an hour of mass effect (would have been far more if it did not crash every 5 mins) and i liked farcry 2 better. Don't bother with crysis, crysis warhead is much better IMO.

The amount of games you have installed on your computer in no way effect your performance, but if you install and Un-install a lot you should defragment often, it keeps the seek/read times low for faster load times. I have never played farcry2 online before so i don't know if it is any good.

i like mass effect. but was disappointed when you beat the game and couldnt go back and play through. far cry 2 i lost interst in but i still play it every now and then so it's not bad. but my vote goes to crysis. i like it simply for the suit modes and good graphics.

^nope, it is a stand alone game.

i like mass effect. but was disappointed when you beat the game and couldn't go back and play through

You can't? the box says it is open ended... that's stupid lol. I love open ended games.

It is open end, but when you complete it thats it. Mass Effect is probably one game I enjoyed the most of all my games. The story and gameplay are great. The graphics are getting dated but still manages too look good. To put it quite simply, its an epic space game.

Far Cry 2 is fun too, and looks awesome. But it gets repetitive and tiring. Its worth a buy, ill admit. Its full of bugs though, but I dont get that bothered by bugs and look past them.

There both different. But if you want the most game for your money go for Mass Effect. And make sure you enjoy the game the most you can by doing as many side quests and missions as possible. There a lot of fun. I think my total hours of game time on it racked up to 25 hours all together. Playing it in 2-3 hour bursts every day or so. Great bang for your buck.

Mass Effect, very replayable, I've played through it... eight times I think? With three different characters.

It is open end, but when you complete it thats it. Mass Effect is probably one game I enjoyed the most of all my games. The story and gameplay are great. The graphics are getting dated but still manages too look good. To put it quite simply, its an epic space game.

open ended means when the main story is done you can still move threw out the game and complete side quests, it is either open ended or it's not, so which one is it?

I think of open ended as you have the ability to do what you want to do.

You can travel to what planets and galaxies you want to at what time you want to. And carry out what missions you want to. You can act negatively or positively to other NPC's if you want etc... etc...

Yes it ends after the last mission and ill admit its not a sandbox GTA game, but while the game plays out you still have the ability to do what YOU want.

That is just you make the choices, when to do things, what things to do and what not, i guess they call that open ended as the box says open ended, but imo open ended means, well there is no end, meaning after the main things are done you can still do things in the game, thats just me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom