which game to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I love steam, but I agree, it needs a total re-build. I can't stay away from it though, I love my CS and HL2 too much :)

Well people go to the steam forums just to complain about bugs, almost everyone their came for technical support for a PROBLEM

Me or my friends have had no HL2 problems, and for the main part steam is great

dhw200 said:
i think those r bugs with Steam, not the game itself
Well that's the point. The bugs in steam have caused varius issues when playing the source games. I would never expect a gaming client to interfere with the game itself, but apparently steam is an exception.

Originally posted by DJ-CHRIS
Well people go to the steam forums just to complain about bugs, almost everyone their came for technical support for a PROBLEM
What? And a bug is not a problem? Perhaps the reason they complain so much is that it looks like absolutely nothing is being done to fix it.

I've seen plenty of threads there that have went unanswered. Some of them even ended with "I guess I have to return it".

Don't get me wrong, I think the idea Steam has is great. I just feel like it was done very poorly given the inability for it to work properly. And once this lousy client begins to disrupt the games, that is just plain ridiculous, especially when you are FORCED to run the client in order to play the game.

Steam is great if it happens to like you. Otherwise, you could find yourself returning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom