Fun with the Source engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't remember the thread name, but in the news forum a few weeks back there was a thread posted that linked to an article about how the pc gaming industry posted high revenues then the console gaming industry last year.

I think I actually posted that thread and that was a joke in a way. Use common sense here Zmatt, the console gaming sector is HUGE, even bigger then the movie industry hence why you always hear the phrase "PC gaming is dead." The article basically said there was more money spent on gaming computers compared to consoles but failed to elaborate what a gaming computer was ( which means it essentially any computer can be considered a gaming computer because even my grandmas computer can play solitaire ) and most people were rightfully skeptics and the article never backed itself with any research or numbers. The article wasn't even concerning gaming software because there is no comparison.

The problem with sales numbers for pc gaming do not take into account digital distribution says from steam, impulse, GOG etc.

As for the half life 2 engine it is starting to get dated the one drawback of every half life game seems to be map size. Half life 2 always has loading points throughout. I'm sure valve will create or update the engine drastically at some point they just base it on their hardware survey if the majority of people are still using old hardware then they will continue to support it for as long as possible.

The problem with sales numbers for pc gaming do not take into account digital distribution says from steam, impulse, GOG etc.

It doesn't matter, console gaming sales are significantly more, I could do more research to pull up the figures, but I remember reading articles discussing how PC gaming sales account for less then 10% of the overall gaming industry sales...I don't need to tell you, thats significantly lower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom